News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Train Sets- N Scale Only

Started by Explorer, January 11, 2008, 03:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explorer

This folder is for N Scale Stuff only. I have the Explorer train set. Please say what train set you have and if you have any other stuff like accessories, trees, and you know what else.

taz-of-boyds

The only set I have is one B'mann old time 4-4-0 with passenger cars.  Otherwise I have a small bunch of loco's I have been collecting and a few assorted railcars, the most railcars are the old-time type mostly B'mann, and a cluster of twin bay open hoppers for coal.  And a B'mann streetcar and some cool brass trolley polls a gentleman builds and sells from eBay or his web site.  These all have places to go in the area I have been studying for my railroads in the Midlothian, Frostburg, and Cumberland, Maryland area.
Charles

daniel_leavitt2000

Many modeler choose to get specific engines and cars that fit their date and location they want to model. For example, I model Worcester MA to Boston from 1997-1999. While Bachmann did make a set with a C40-8W in Conrail which was seen often in the area, the freight cars were not.

The boxcar has a roofwalk which were gone by the time C40-8Ws were made. It also featured a roadname too early for the engine.

The gondola is too short and of a roadname that wasn't around durning conrail.

Conrail retired most cabooses by the time the C40-8W was produced. Those that were left were not used on road freights, which was the primary use of the C40-8W.

So you can see why I would not be interested in purchasing the set. I also don't need the track or power pack. So I purchase cars and engines seperatly.

Now for my engine roster. I have about 130 engines. Most of these are in Conrail. I also model the MBTA commuter railroad, Providence and Worcester, Bay Colony, and Amtrak. I have painted many of these engines and rebuilt others to match a specific engine I want. Here is an engine called a C30-7A. It was only used by Conrail and only between Selkirk, NY and Boston:

The engine uses parts from 4 different engines. I painted and detailed it myself.

Once you start expanding your ytain set, you will also want to add different engines and cars. Many modelers don't care much about local or era, other like me are a bit anal on the subject.

Just remember its your railroad and you are the president. Have fun!

taz-of-boyds

Daniel,
You do nice work!
Charles