Can't figure out how to wire EZ track switches

Started by The Old Man, January 11, 2008, 09:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Man

I got the First Track Set back with 4 switching tracks.  I can't figure out how they are to be wired to work.  I have the EZ Command controller.  I also have a separate inexpensive DC controller with a 16 volt output.  Surprised that there are no instructions in the box--only on how to hook up EZ track.

the Bach-man

Dear Old Man,
Attach two wires from the AC terminals to the side of one switch controller. Gang the other controllers together. Run the three conductor wire from each controller to a switch machine.
That's it!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

foche

Do you some more detailed instructions, please?

Jerrys HO

Do a search on wiring switches there are a lot of posts on this.

The red wire goes to the AC side of the power pack as the Bachmann stated. The other side of the red wire goes to the controlling switch top left side. This is on a different power feed as the EZ Command does not have a place to hook up the turnouts. Lots of info in the search on different power sources that can be used.
As the Bachmann stated these controller switches can be joined together so only one power feed is necessary.
The green wire from the turnout goes to the bottom of the controlling switch. If the points are not set in the correct position, flip the green wire over at the controlling switch.
You can splice more wire to lengthen the wires supplied if they are not long enough.

Jerry