New DCC Equp. Consolidation wheel hop/click in reverse with load

Started by James Hail, January 12, 2008, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Hail

Hello Guys........Breaking in my new Spectrum DCC Consolidation ,She has a issue.In reverse with a consist of 4 boxcars and caboose...2% grade going up hill.She gets a bad clicking wheel hop...Like its out of quarter?....I have checked the drivers and the spring travel on the drivers that float in the chassis(2 sets have a floating sprung axle in this chasis) and all is well....It seems the second wheelset from the front hops once every revolution just enough to make a rail click.

And the decoder is notchy and horrid speed resolution........as well as the lack of programming options.

Wish it ran as smooth and quiet as my 2 New Hudsons (mehanos).....Im bummed....2 bad connies in a row for me from Bman.

After running for a few hours its no better......Should i keep fiddling or send it in guys?...

Jim

Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

RAM

the Bach-man

brad

I had a 2-10-2 with the same problem. Yes it was out of quarter. Sent it back to B-mann and got a new one that they test ran and it had no problems.  They were most helpfull and fast.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

James Hail

Thanks fellas........I bought it from a auth. dealer on ebay "The Favorite Spot".....I think they own a hobby shop too.........But i did not get a bill of sale....Would this be a problem Bman? Its less than a week old.
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

James Hail

Ok i have emailed the dealer as a first step.....see what happens.Thanks all...Least my K4 runs great.......(1 outa 3 for spectrum here)

Jim