News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Transistor for K-27 Chuff Circuit

Started by "Trainman", January 12, 2008, 11:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Trainman"

Can anyone out there tell me what transistor number is to use in the chuff circuit on the Bachmann K-27's? I have a diagram of the circuit that I picked up at the Del Mar Train Show today here in San Diego but I forgot to get the transistor number so I can run over to radio shack to pick one up.

Thanks,
Mike Ballou
Carmel Valley RR

glennk28

Is this some sort of information that might be sent to all who sent in warranty cards for the K-27?

Tony Walsham

IMHO, asking a LS train consumer to go to an electronics store to obtain parts that they then have to install themselves, just to get something to work out of the box, is fraught with danger.
If Bachmann are not careful they will have a PR disaster on their hands in no time at all.
IMHO, although I still don't like the idea of the socket pcb and would much prefer simple screw terminals, I do concede that it is here to stay.  Apart from the chuff timer, I do believe Bachmann have got the actual PnP socket pretty right.

It is the aim of RCS to recommend battery R/C installations that do NOT require any modifications or additions to the existing Bachmann wiring whatsoever.
This may or may not happen. 
Please be advised.  Only when RCS can get hold of a K-27 to actually install an RCS battery R/C system, will RCS announce the RCS authorised installation procedure(s).
We want to get it right and not go off half cocked recommending "fixes" to the Bachmann wiring when it may not be necessary to do so.

Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).