News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K27 Lights

Started by locoron, January 13, 2008, 09:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locoron

Bachmann deserves  the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prise for the K27.
Beats the heck out of the $ 3000 engines.  However there has to be a nitpicker in the works and I be guilty. Didn't like the orange color on the classification lights. So replaced them with Miniatronics Yellowglow white LED's
What worries me is the headlight. If that LED burns out, which they  do once in a while, how the heck does the headlight come apart?

the Bach-man

Dear Ron,
I haven't gotten one yet, but it should be clear from the exploded diagram. I'll check when I get one to spend some time with- the WGH shows are way too busy to examine anything! Probably had 25,000 people in two days here in Del Mar!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

glennk28

Might as well tell us how to get into the headlight and backup lights--I figure I might as well replace those when I get the Yelo-Glo LEDs. 

For the cab light--it looks just like those cheap plastic porch lights in 12" scale--just put a screwdriver blade alongside the cover and pry gently.  Do not try and pry the window track.  gj

"Trainman"

I have made repeated attempts to disassemble the headlite on the K-27 to replace the feeble LED with one you can actually see. The lens appears to be glued in place, which means you have to destroy it to get it apart. It is the same type assembly as the Connies, without the side markers. I doubt Backmann is carrying any parts for these yet. Does anyone know how to get these lites apart?

glennk28

I have pried mine up off the bracket, but cannot get the back off--according to the diagrams, the back should come off. Orange and yellow wires from the board inside the smokebox--gj