Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

You Got it Roger. Do You have a photo for us now  ;D
Alex

Guilford Guy

Quote from: r0bert on February 19, 2007, 11:41:06 PM
Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 19, 2007, 10:48:57 PM
Here are the rules
1. Only the winner of the previous contest may post the next picture. Any picture posted while a contest is still open will be flagged and removed by a higher up.
2. You must wait for conformation that you have won before you post a picture.
3. Any Gauge and Country are Welcome.
4. Have Fun!
I will start us off
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4562/bmtalgofo9.jpg
I would also recommend that you stick to posting public domain photos or photos that you have the right to use, there were several copyrighted photos that appeared in that other thread, without permission I'm guessing, which could cause problems.
if in doubt, post a link to the photo, instead.

Thanks r0bert, I added that into the rules so hopefully people will read carefully.
Alex

Guilford Guy

The logo looks to be Great Western but I am not much for UK steam. COuld be London Midland & Scottish
Alex

Guilford Guy

Alex

rogertra

Yes, it is British Railways and no it's not ex Great Western Railway.

We need to know class and railway of origin and location in the UK.  General will do, specific if you're really good.

It's one of a series of photos I took during the summer of 1965.

Guilford Guy

Not Positive but a Former London & SouthHampton T1 Class 0-4-4T
Alex

rogertra

No.

Not a "London and SouthHampton" T1, there was no such railway, but you are on the right track.

Steve Stockham

Just for my own information, it looks as if the original thread has disappeared. I never did find out what that articulated 2-6-6-4 was. >:(
Did anybody ever find out or did the thread dissolve into name-calling and got yanked?

scottychaos

Quote from: Steve Stockham on February 20, 2007, 08:36:15 AM
Just for my own information, it looks as if the original thread has disappeared. I never did find out what that articulated 2-6-6-4 was. >:(
Did anybody ever find out or did the thread dissolve into name-calling and got yanked?

Steve,
I posted the info on the articulated engine for you..in the old thread, a few days ago.
it was actually a 2-8-8-2, and it was Missouri Pacific #4000

http://www.trainweb.org/screamingeagle/mp4000.html

http://mopac.org/photos_steam/im_4000.jpg

I have no idea why the old thread got yanked..
it wasnt that bad, from what I saw..
a bit of immaturity, but no big deal IMO.. that happens in lots of threads.

Scot

Steve Stockham

Hey, thanks Scot! I figured that you or one of the others would have the info! :) As far as the immaturity goes, it's a friendly game and that's all! I don't understand why people feel that they have to play power games? "Only the person that correctly identifies the locomotive in question can post a new one?!!" Fine. Play your petty little power games. (If it keeps you interested then I guess it's worth something.)
  Before everybody gets their "knickers in a knot," I DO understand the reasons for setting some ground rules so that everybody can fully enjoy and participate. This was especially true of the previous thread! I noticed that, when a picture was posted that somebody didn't have a clue about, people would just ignore it and post a new picture and pretend that the first didn't happen with the result being rather chaotic!
  It's the attitude of "I made this thread so I am the moderator of this thread" (or some such drivel to that effect...) that just irritates the heck out of me! There is ONE opinion that matters and only ONE person who imposes rules and that is Johann!
  While this thread is informative and entertaining, it's also just a game!! We're not a bunch of seven year olds out on the playground and we should be able to agree (for the sake of the game) to abide by certain guidelines. Posting RULES that have been layed down by self appointed moderators rubs people the wrong way! Your goal is commendable but your method leaves much to be desired. Here endeth the sermon.

CubanRailways

Quote from: rogertra on February 19, 2007, 11:56:42 PM

Thats an ex Southern Railway O2, utilised on the Isle of White up until the end of steam in the UK.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Steve Stockham on February 20, 2007, 10:49:58 AM
Hey, thanks Scot! I figured that you or one of the others would have the info! :) As far as the immaturity goes, it's a friendly game and that's all! I don't understand why people feel that they have to play power games? "Only the person that correctly identifies the locomotive in question can post a new one?!!" Fine. Play your petty little power games. (If it keeps you interested then I guess it's worth something.)
  Before everybody gets their "knickers in a knot," I DO understand the reasons for setting some ground rules so that everybody can fully enjoy and participate. This was especially true of the previous thread! I noticed that, when a picture was posted that somebody didn't have a clue about, people would just ignore it and post a new picture and pretend that the first didn't happen with the result being rather chaotic!
  It's the attitude of "I made this thread so I am the moderator of this thread" (or some such drivel to that effect...) that just irritates the heck out of me! There is ONE opinion that matters and only ONE person who imposes rules and that is Johann!
  While this thread is informative and entertaining, it's also just a game!! We're not a bunch of seven year olds out on the playground and we should be able to agree (for the sake of the game) to abide by certain guidelines. Posting RULES that have been layed down by self appointed moderators rubs people the wrong way! Your goal is commendable but your method leaves much to be desired. Here endeth the sermon.
Steve, I was only trying to make it a bit more enjoyable and not have a locomotive such as you posted in the older thread just be ignored.
Alex

rogertra

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Stephen is correct.

The loco is No. 33 "Bembridge", an ex LSWR - ex SR class O2 0-4-4T shown here shunting at Newport on the Isle of Wight during the last summer of steam operation.

More photos of this loco can be seen at: -

http://www.semg.org.uk/steam/o2class_03.html

CubanRailways

Quote from: rogertra on February 20, 2007, 01:35:21 PM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

Stephen is correct.

The loco is No. 33 "Bembridge", an ex LSWR - ex SR class O2 0-4-4T shown here shunting at Newport on the Isle of Wight during the last summer of steam operation.

More photos of this loco can be seen at: -

http://www.semg.org.uk/steam/o2class_03.html

Being born and bread in Southampton, I did have a bit of an advantage over the Southern Region pictures! :)

Okay Here we go - what and where is this critter?

Cheers

Stephen