Trouble with Bachman No. 6 Right hand Crossover

Started by tkeefe, January 16, 2008, 12:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkeefe

Can someone help me with a problem that I am having with the Bachman No. 6 crossover track?  I am trying to run two cabs on two tracks with the crossover being the only crossover I have, and I can't get my blocking to work.  Is there a constant electric current running through this type of track?  Thanks.

Conrail Quality

The two tracks in the crossover are not electrically isolated. If you want to isolate them, Dave Harrison has a tutorial on his website (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

http://web.mac.com/msibnsf/iWeb/Acela%20Express,%20The%20Need%20For%20Speed/Modeling%20Techniques.html
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Frankford el car

The simplest solution to isolating the parallel tracks in this crossover (or a lefthand version), is to cut through both crossover rails completetly, place a shim of plastic such as Plastruct sheet or strip in the gap on BOTH rails, epoxy the shims in place, then file them smooth to prevent derailment. Try either with an Exacto saw, or a Dremel power tool and cutting wheel. But make sure that both cuts on the rails, are completelt through, not simply notching the rails. This also work's for setting up electrical blocks, to isolate sections of the same track, but each section must have it's own power feed.
Chief Superintendent,

Independent Transit Co. (INT Lines)

"Have your transfer ready, for the next stop."

D.Harrison

Dear Frankford el car....Does your suggestion take into account the feeders underneath the crossover?  Have you made this conversion?

David Harrison