News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Product Suggestion: USRA Heavy Pacific 4-6-2

Started by PowhatanArrow611, May 29, 2008, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowhatanArrow611

Mr. Bachmann,

I would like to suggest the release of a USRA Heavy 4-6-2. This is a locomotive that has not been readily available for a number of years in N-scale now.   :-[ Although Model Power has a light USRA 4-6-2, which I have one of that runs decently, I would like Bachmann to consider releasing this, which I know means probably in HO first and then N-scale.

While not exactly the same, I'd like to have a couple to represent a Southern Railway Worthington feedwater heater equipped PS-4 and then another to represent the as-built appearance (with the delta trailing truck on the prototype being a major difference) of the Atlanta & West Point 290 owned by the Atlanta Chapter National Railway Historical Society, which is currently in storage at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth, Georgia undergoing a gradual cosmetic restoration following a brief excursion career in the early 1990s on the defunct since 1994 New Georgia Railroad.

I have been very pleased with the Bachmann Spectrum steamers and even recent standard line releases. I have 2 of the Southern green and gold 2-6-2 locomotives, while not prototypical for the Southern they sure do look and run great!

brokemoto

Only Erie had originals of these; it also had a class of copies. 

Southern, Baltimore and Ohio and others also had copies.

I would like to see a USRA heavy pacific; I would buy more than a few.

The MP runs well, but its construction problems do hamper its operability.  The 1970s construction methods will (and have, for me) create problems down the road.  There are also some quality control problems.

B-mann's USRA heavy 4-8-2 is the first good N scale  steam locomotive to emerge in some time.  I suspect that Bachpersonn would do a good job on a USRA heavy pacific.

I would also like to see someone redo the USRA light pacific and mikado with up-to-date construction methods.