HELP! How do I change couplers on the Bachmann Crane & Boom

Started by nocaboose, December 09, 2007, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocaboose

I just purchased the Bachmann Crane & Boom and it came with both rapdio and knuckle couplers but I cannot figure out how to remove the knuckle and install the rapdio.  Any ideas??

the Bach-man

Dear nocaboose,
The couplers both have Tee shanks. Remove the metal clip, switch couplers, and replace the clip- that's all there is to it.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

nocaboose

Bach-Man,
I do not see any metal clip on the coupler.  It appears to be totally encased in plastic and while there is the t shape to the end I see no way of getting it out.  Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear ETD,
I don't have a sample here- I'll try to get one.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

nocaboose

Ok I have this figured out, I used a jewlers screwdriver and slid behind the tab and moved the spring back while prying the top open to slip out the old coupler and then slid the new coupler in sliding out the screwdriver and allowing the top to close back up. 

taz-of-boyds

Trainguy95

Hey,
I just recently bought a Santa Fe Tri-Level w/autos and i had to do the same operation. I think I did it very wrong.....I took off the whole truck, popped off the thing that holds the coupler and then switched them out put the truck back on and added the Tri-Level to my train. The little copper spring which keeps the coupler strait came out and I had to put it back in. All of this took 20 minutes!!!!! So could some one help me to do it the right way for next time?

Thanks,
Trainguy