News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question About Emily

Started by styntwin409, January 20, 2008, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

styntwin409

I just got Emily from my hobby shop ( :)) and on the thing in the back that shows the different Thomas models there was a sticker that said, "Warning. This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm." Why would it have this? When I got my Henry model it didn't have that on it. Is it just something random put there by accident, or do other people have it on there's too?

~Styntwin409 (formerly Justin)
~Contact me on my new account, Chessie Sys. 3022~

My Chessie layout site

styntwin409

No... I didn't. I didn't notice the sticker until I was in the car going home.

~Styntwin409

My Chessie layout site

Shawmut Line Operation

That was same with my Percy.  James, Toby, Gordon, and Thomas didn't have em.  Well Thomas came in a set. :-\
You know I hope HenryBlue ends up like Percy did.  He always thinking he's better than me all the time.  If that isn't Percy who did something stupid its probably HenryBlue.

Anthony P

that sticker was on the packages-Sodor Junction Station, and Coaling tower- thet i got, too.

Guilford Guy

Your Thomas & Friends models are perfectly safe. I'm guessing a product used in the manufacturing process is known to Cali to cause cancer. Same on Aristocraft models and many solvent based glues.
Alex

styntwin409

Ok thanks Guilford Guy! I guess we'll just leave this topic to be deleted, or maybe some people who worry a lot about those things will find it useful! =)

~Styntwin409 (formerly Justin)

(P.S. Isn't Guilford a railroad or place? And isn't it in New England? If it is, I live in the same region as it  :))

My Chessie layout site

Guilford Guy

Pan Am Railways, formerly Guilford Rail Systems/Guilford Transportation Industries. Guilford is pretty much a cover company. Boston & Maine, and Maine Central, whose trackage Guilford Operates on still exist. Guilford brands the locomotives and rolling stock, although all locomotives are owned by either MEC, B&M, or Springfield Terminal, yet mostly Springfield Terminal, who doesn't have its own operable trackage, but employs workers.
Alex

PRRThomas11

When something has that warning it means it is made with some kind of chemicals. You will be fine as long as you are not planning to eat your trains.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

the Bach-man

Dear All,
None of our trains contain lead; even the solder is lead-free. These labels are required in California because plastic is a petroleum product. If you don't smoke your trains you'll be fine.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Len

A complete explanation of those stupid labes can be found on the Aristo-Craft site at:

http://www.aristocraft.com/articles/warning%20label/index.html

Basically California passed a law that can have major impacts on businessess that don't do business in California if one of their customers brings a product into California that doesn't have one of these labels on it. Even though they aren't required in the state where the company does do business. Why this Feds haven't stepped all over this, as it affects interstate business, I have no idea.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.