E-Z Command DCC Automatic Reverse Loop Module

Started by clueless, January 21, 2008, 03:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clueless

Hello everyone I am the new guy!
I have a question about the E-Z Command DCC Automatic Reverse Loop Module. I don't know if I need this for my dcc layout?  It might sound silly, but I don't have my layout set up yet I am still buying new stuff and selling old. My wife kicked me back into this hobby after 12 years, and I am just finding out about this new DCC. I already baught new trains and converted my old track to NS, and also baught the bachmann DCC controler and walk around controler. If someone could educate me I would absulutely appreciate it.
Regards Carlo

mikec069

I runn all Deisle DCC loocs.

You do still need the auto revrse module if you're going to go in the opposite direction while still going forward.  In other words, if your forward direction is clockwise and you want to go counter-clockwise without going in reverse, the you'll need the module and to isolate the section of the track that is doing the reversing and wire it.  I found that using the module and 2 special 9" straight pieces, part number I can't recall but can be ordered from LHS or Bachamnn, worked quite well for my layout.  CAUTION: Don't get the reverse trolley track.  That will not work with the Auto reverse.  I do have 4 trolley curve track in case you want it.   ;)

clueless

sorry I don't know what trolley track is! and what special straight pieces! Is there a diagram that I can find some where. how much do you want for the trolley track?

clueless

clueless

I forgot to ask do I need one for every section of track that loops, or do I need one for every train?

CHUG

You need to get you a module for every loop you see. Hard wired into each train and so forth is not necessary anymore with dcc and the ez command. Most of your common modules found today will tell you that and spell it out in the directions and diagrams. Carefully note the specs you see. I wont get into the details here but modules do alot we used to do by hand with alot more trouble and fuss and wire.

mikec069

Quote from: clueless on January 21, 2008, 07:48:27 PM
Is your trolley track HO scale?
Yes it is.

Quote from: clueless on January 21, 2008, 07:46:51 PM
sorry I don't know what trolley track is! and what special straight pieces! Is there a diagram that I can find some where. how much do you want for the trolley track?
I'm not sure what trolley track is either.  It has something to do with polarity. I do know that is wired differently underneath. There are two (per card) 9" straights with a circut board underneath.  The instructions that come with the module tell you what you need AND what to do with the track. If you search the track here on the site you'll find it. $28.00 and I'll spring for the shipping.  Unless you live in northern Va.