News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Detailing Projects

Started by styntwin409, January 19, 2008, 07:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

styntwin409

I have Henry, Annie, Clarabel, Troublesome Truck #1, and I'm about to get Emily. I want them to look more detailed like the ones from the show. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to them?

~Styntwin409 (formerly Justin)

P.S. I'm going to get Modelflex paint. Does anyone know the color that would be the same as the buffers, or at least real close?)
~Contact me on my new account, Chessie Sys. 3022~

My Chessie layout site

StanierJack

Get Tamiya. I use it and I know the colours.

ie:

J.N. GREY XF-12 is Foot Plate Grey

Flat Red XF-7 is Bufferbeam Red

Copper XF-6 is Brass Fittings.

PM me if you want to know more

Shawmut Line Operation

Well you could try to make some chains.  Then put a gray hook on all your Bachmann Thomas & Friends.  This is what I did with mine.  If you look you can see I have them on everything.

Look very hard and you can see the one on the milk van.

You know I hope HenryBlue ends up like Percy did.  He always thinking he's better than me all the time.  If that isn't Percy who did something stupid its probably HenryBlue.

StanierJack

Quote from: FPTP-Man on January 19, 2008, 09:47:28 AM
Well you could try to make some chains.  Then put a gray hook on all your Bachmann Thomas & Friends.  This is what I did with mine.  If you look you can see I have them on everything.

Look very hard and you can see the one on the milk van.

Good to have you back again. Is this your 27th acount now? :)

max (uk)

The chains are a good idea. But not all rolling stock had chains as chains dont hook onto chains. Also, they are gold. Im not sture Sir topham hatt could afford so meany chains made of gold.

styntwin409

Ok thanks everybody for your ideas. The chains are a good idea, except I'll paint them black or gray. To StanierJack: Are those acryllic paints?

My Chessie layout site

ZeldaTheSwordsman

StanierJack

Quote from: styntwin409 on January 19, 2008, 12:17:14 PM
Ok thanks everybody for your ideas. The chains are a good idea, except I'll paint them black or gray. To StanierJack: Are those acryllic paints?

Yes, but get the flat opnes, not gloss. I know, gloss is bad.

max (uk)

Yeh you could use Hornbys non working chain couplings. They look just like the real thing, and they just pop in a little hole you can drill.

styntwin409

Gee the chain idea is quite popular!  :D I will put the chains on, but maybe not to use them to couple. Also, working lights sounds like a cool idea! Anyone know how I could build a lantern that the engines have? To StanierJack: I know I'm worrying a lot about them, but do those acryllics come out smooth like factory paint, or make it look like you painted wood?

My Chessie layout site