News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Journal box covers

Started by locoron, January 21, 2008, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locoron

By the time I got around to gluing the K27 and freight car covers on I found I had lost one off the tender and one off a boxcar. Drat!
Are these going to be available in the near future?
May try to resin cast a few.

Kevin Strong

Casting might be your best bet. I've got a few to replace also. I'm thinking for something that small, though, I can press one in a piece of clay to make a quick mold, take some medium or thick super glue and pour it in, then drop some accelerator on it. I've done that for other small parts in the past with good results. I could probably do that quicker than it would take me to address an envelope for Bachmann's service department.

Later,

K

Jon D. Miller

locoron.
Bachmann supplies journal box covers with its new 1:20.3 tank cars. In the parts package there are four journal box covers and four hinges.

You can see the four covers and hinges in this picture.  Guess Bachmann decided to supply extras since losing these covers was an issue with the first three cars they introduced.  Checked the K-27 parts bag, but no extra covers provided.

Since I have all the covers glued closed these are extras.

Contact me off net and I'll put a couple in an envelop and send to you.

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

locoron

Thanks JD
I have one of the tanks and will have to check the parts bag.
Appreciate your offer.  Helpful people is a factor in making this a great hobby.
Ron