Portable Acela Layout Going To West Springfield Show

Started by D.Harrison, January 13, 2008, 11:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Harrison

Two weekends from now, Jan 26 and 27,  is the Amherst Big Train Show at West Springfield, MA and the Acela Express Northeast Corridor Portable Layout is in final preparation for the display. This will be my seventh year at Amherst. Of course, our very own Mr. Bachman will be there too, in the Bachmann Trains booth. This year's show is larger with four buildings being used to house the displays.  You can bet I'll be glued to the Weather Channel for the next 10 days as I plot out the best says for the 1000 mile drive from Chicago to Massachusetts.

I'm also pleased to announce that the latest updates to the Acela website have been completed and the new site is a click away in the LINKS section on this website.  The site is under "miscellaneous" links.  Or here's a shortcut  http://web.mac.com/msibnsf/iWeb/Acela%20Express,%20The%20Need%20For%20Speed/Acela%20Express,%20The%20Need%20For%20Speed.html

Man I wish that iMac would devise shorter URLs.  Anyway the photos have been updated, the font freshened and aligned and some missing subjects have been rescued.  Some video will be added within a few days as an added bonus.  I would like to thank several posters here for their support down through the years.

David Harrison

Guilford Guy

Alex

Conrail Quality

West Springfield is a bit too far for me, I'm afraid.  Are you planning on coming near the D.C. area any time soon?
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

D.Harrison

My yearly  trip schedule is West Springfield, MA in January, the NMRA summer National show when its held in the eastern half of the US roughly, I Hobby Expo in Chicago in  October, Trainfest in Milwaukee in Wisconsin. Those are the only four shows I do.  It's too hard to get  helpers at shows.

There is an outside...outside chance that I might attend the Timonium show in Baltimore this February if ...and thats a big if...if the cards fall right.  Weather is the biggest factor.  I'm only considering this because the layout will already be on the east coast following the Springfield show.

I wonder (out loud) whose house I might stay at for a few days (hint, hint).

David Harrison

the Bach-man

Dear Dave,
You're in!
See you next week!
the Bach-man

richG

To those who are going, this display is in the Better Living Center at location 46. The building has signs with the numbered locations.

Rich

Guilford Guy

Alex