News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Easy Thomas Model Projects

Started by styntwin409, January 22, 2008, 04:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

styntwin409

I am looking for easy Thomas modeling projects such as detailing engines and freight cars, building buildings, ect. If you have any detailing projects/improvements for Emily, Henry, Annie, Clarabel, or Troublesome Truck #1, then tell me because these are the only Thomas HO items I have at the moment. Thanks in advance!

~Styntwin409
~Contact me on my new account, Chessie Sys. 3022~

My Chessie layout site

Shawmut Line Operation

Well I made name boards for my engines. ;D

You know I hope HenryBlue ends up like Percy did.  He always thinking he's better than me all the time.  If that isn't Percy who did something stupid its probably HenryBlue.

The Chaz Storm

Yeah I mean I will admit they do look nice with the engines, but we're talking about actual model projects. ;)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Well,you could paint the running boards and wheel brackets on Annie and
Clarabel black like they're supposed to be.Or,try the somewhat simple
project:Accurate Henry.Either cut the square firebox and sand hatch away
and give him a tapered firebox(you'll also need to cover the spot where the
sand hatch was),or cut the splashers off and possibly cut his tender into a
shape similar to that of Gordon's,although with right angles rather than
curves.For further improvement on the New Shape Tender use a block of wood
cut to the right dimensions to extend it half a centimeter.

styntwin409

So would cutting Henry make him look like his current shape in the show, or like the old one? And what color should I use to paint over the sanded parts?

~Styntwin409

My Chessie layout site

ZeldaTheSwordsman

You could make it go either way.Cutting the splashers off would give him his
new shape,getting rid of the sand hatch(the little nub near the front his boiler)
and replacing the square firebox with a tapered one would give him his old
shape.The instructions for modifying the tender are for his new shape,to make
it look more RWS.And none of the instructions said to sand anything.Now,the
reason why you'll need to cover the place where the sand hatch was if you go
for his old shape(use a little piece of paper) is because cutting the sand hatch
off exposes the motor housing.As for what color to paint with,you'll have to
find out.I coloured the paper I used with crayons that have long been without
labels.

Shawmut Line Operation

Right here is my Annie and Clarabel that I have painted the chassis black. ;D  I can’t take all the credit though as HenryBlue has helped me with the project.  You may want to ask him or me if your not sure about something. :)  Hope this helps. ;)

You know I hope HenryBlue ends up like Percy did.  He always thinking he's better than me all the time.  If that isn't Percy who did something stupid its probably HenryBlue.

styntwin409

Uh... what are splashers? And do you have any photos of your Henry project? I dunno if I understand what you're saying...

~Styntwin409

My Chessie layout site

StanierJack

Quote from: styntwin409 on January 23, 2008, 05:25:17 PM
Uh... what are splashers? And do you have any photos of your Henry project? I dunno if I understand what you're saying...

~Styntwin409

Aye, this si it.

styntwin409

Ah... Nice job making him into his old shape! But, could you show a picture of where the splashers are, and the accurate tender?

~Styntwin409

My Chessie layout site

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Well,the splashers are those semicircle bumps above his wheels.I used to call
them "wheel-bumps". :P

styntwin409

Ok I think I know what they are now: they are those little arches over his drive wheels right? Correct me if I'm wrong. (Thanks Zelda!) One more question: how will I fill in the gap that is left once I remove them? Ok, well if anyone has any more ideas, please post them!

~Styntwin409

My Chessie layout site

Shawmut Line Operation

You could try using plaster maby.  Thats what my buddie used when he made a Henry Version 1.

Guilford Guy

Meh, plaster crumbles easily. Cut a thin strip of styrene and Super Glue it beneath each gap. Then take some testors plastic putty and generously spread it in. When it has dried take and x-acto knife or box cutter and carfullly saw off the excess. Then sand it down. You can also "paint" the top with CA (supeglue) to insure it holds.
Alex

styntwin409

Ok thanks everyone! Keep posting more ideas!  ;)

~Styntwin409

My Chessie layout site