News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HEY BACHMANN COUNTERWEIGHTS

Started by trea916, January 23, 2008, 12:13:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trea916

THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE WAITING FOR A FIX FOR THIS YOU THINK THAT YOU WOULD MAKE THIS A TOP PRIORITYON YOUR LIST MANY PEOPLE SPENT GOOD MONEY ON YOUR K 27 THINK YOU COULD GET ON THIS ITS BEEN 2 WEEKS

petertoot

well,here we have a man who is stroppy about the lovely k-27,my friend,there are hundreds of these sold,only a handfull have a problem,i am sure bachmann are doing what they can asap,it may be annyoying,but at the price,this beast is a bargain,i assume you live in usa,at least you can get parts faster than me in auzzie,ok,enough this is a good product,and like lgb,,did not go broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ;D ;D ;Dgo bachmann,yes i do have one,on order,will be mine by w/end.cheers,peter..

Tony Walsham

Peter,
Sure there have been hundreds sold, if not a thousand plus.

Would you care to define what a "handful with the problem" is?

No doubt Bachmann will issue a "procedure" to correct the problem.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

petertoot

well tony from what i read on the forums,i think a handfull,maybe 1 in ten,dont know for sure,i know toc,a few others are working on the problem,but there is light at tunnel end!!i know its very dissapointing to have a new loco lock up,or not go,what we all need to do is help the guys that help us,like toc etc,anyway thats my 10 cents worth,so i hope my 27 is ok when i get it,relax,alls well that ends well,peter :D :D

trea916

HEY PETER

THANKS FOR YOUR 2 CENTS BUT THIS WAS A MESSAGE FOR (BACHMANN )
NOT YOU

EVERYONE IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM WITH THERE SO UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY GET ONE DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

Bud Steinhoff

I have the same question, how about a response from Bachman?
I have done the temporary fix with the shims but as far as I am concerned it is only a patch for a production tolerance problem with either the flat on the shaft or the 'D' hole in the counterweight.
Replacement counterweights with the correct size hole??
Bud

Curmudgeon

Anticipate an announcement.
I have been working this "fix" for three weeks.
Documented three weeks.

And, as far as a "handful", well, I've got 5 of them here, every one of them has the problem.

The chances are very good I got the only 5 units with this problem from four different sources.

The way I do this with Bachmann, and always have, is that if there is an issue that needs addressing, other than a consumer mod or customization, Bachmann makes the call on when it is released publicly, not me.

TOC

Phil Stump

I repaired my loose counter weights today. I tryed stryren shims and it worked great. The plastic slips right in and conforms to the space easily. It only took about 45 min to 1 hr. The engine runs smooth as silk and much quieter than it was.  I also removed the boiler assy and ran a couple of wires off the track power at the rear board forward to the smoke box for my aristo smoke unit. Worked great. I made up a snow plow out of brass the other day and put a few ozark min details on it, painted it flat black and rubbed in a little rust from my chalk box. I thought I would probably get old before we are able to get a plow thru bachmann. Good news on the boiler removal. The tiny screw on the rod from the johnson bar is magnetic on this one.