News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Crossover #6

Started by johnd, January 23, 2008, 02:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd

Since I am new to this hobby - need some help. Is using two EZ Track Crossovers (Left And Right) better than using 4 turnouts. Anybody know the length of these crossovers? They kind of look neat but pricy.

Thanks!

SteamGene

The crossover makes installation a bit easier.  What is the cost of four turnouts?  How does that compare to the price of one crossover?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

johnd

Thanks for your help Gene.

Checking various places on the internet - the crossovers are about 2x the price of turnouts. Turnouts run from approx 11.00 to 15.00. Best I can find on crossovers is 41.50.

BIG BEAR

Johnd,
    Try   www.staubintrains.com   to save yourself a handfull of dollars.

On30 scale /  track  /  Bachmann   3 clicks & your there.

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

johnd

Thanks Barry but I should have said N Gauge. Questions in "General Discussion" seem to be seen by more people and answers are quicker.

winjie

TRAINWORLD IN BROOKLYN HAS THE #6 CROSSOVERS FOR $34.95. I JUST PURCHASED A COUPLE, THEY WORK WELL IF TOU RUN 85 FOOT PASSENGER CARS.

johnd

Thanks for the link winjie. Do you think there is an advantage using them instead of the regular turnouts? I am finding that the standard EZ Track turnouts are a bear to work with - still having problems with derailing. Would you mind measuring them and tell me how long they are.