News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question on Snow.

Started by Guilford Guy, January 21, 2008, 03:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

You guys may know the answer to this.
What do they use for snow in Thomas. I was just wondering, for a video project where I would like to include some plow trains. Thanks Guys.
Alex

Rickenbacker 325

Anthony P

it's probly fom or shreded paper
???

Guilford Guy

Powdered Glass is likely to get within the mechanism, as is Baking Powder/Flour. It is definately not shredded paper, or blenderred foam. I'm thinking Woodland Scenics Snow may work, being light, but coarser than baking powder or flour.
Alex

max (uk)

Yeh I think i read some where that its powdered glass. I dont know weather it would get within the mechanism, as the gauge one engines are designed to be robust.

PRRThomas11

I heard they use baking soda because it moves easily but sits flat and keeps shape. Theres nothing that wont get in the motor. Woodland Scenics can, just like anything else.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Guilford Guy

I've used baking soda before. It works well but is very fine. I am well aware that things get in the mechanism, but it seems they use the models over again, after sending them into snowdrifts and what not.
It appears that it is powdered glass after all.
Alex

Anthony P

GG is right. u could use Woodland Seen snow

Moogle826

I don't have a layout but, if the snow is temporary, I would think it would be a pain to remove.

Guilford Guy

Alex