LastQ6's Model Projects - Arthur

Started by LastQ6, January 23, 2008, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LastQ6

Hi folks.

Recently aquired a Hornby standard class 3MT 2-6-2T to make a model of Arthur the LMS Tank Engine, but i need help on the livery, some have said it;s burgundy, and the only colour i could find was abit to glossy, i need a more satin or matt colour for him.

If anyone has any suggestions as to which colour would suit him properly for the tv series side, i would really appreciate it.
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

StanierJack

Quote from: LastQ6 on January 23, 2008, 12:11:03 PM
Hi folks.

Recently aquired a Hornby standard class 3MT 2-6-2T to make a model of Arthur the LMS Tank Engine, but i need help on the livery, some have said it;s burgundy, and the only colour i could find was abit to glossy, i need a more satin or matt colour for him.

If anyone has any suggestions as to which colour would suit him properly for the tv series side, i would really appreciate it.

Get Tamiya Flat Red, works a treat. Accrylic too!

styntwin409

So since it's accrylic, does that eliminate the poisonous fumes that come from some paints? Also, do the paints dry looking like it's painted on plastic, or wood, and is it shiny like the factory paints? And one last question: Do they work with airbrushes? I haven't gotten one yet, but I might. (Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I don't know very much about those paints  ;D)

~Styntwin409
~Contact me on my new account, Chessie Sys. 3022~

My Chessie layout site