Bachmann New Items, where are they?? Mavis & others??

Started by powdernoid, January 23, 2008, 04:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powdernoid

Hi Bach Man
I have been reading the strings and viewing the UK Bachman engines. It appears to me that Bachmann has the ability to release most ANY Thomas engine providing Bachmann is willing to step up and "redesign" a few EXISTING stock engines that are currently available in the UK market place. The finesse required to take a UK engine & make it a Thomas charachter doesn't appear all that difficult. Most of the inner works are already there!! I am waiting on Mavis to be released, I am sure we all are HOWEVER if the wait is much longer I will build one of my own. The gentleman who made Salty, GREAT job and thanks to all for the info on how Salty can be built!! I think more & more sctach building is going to take place thus intrest in mass produced product might be limited.
Just a though from a newbe to Thomas

metal4life

Mavis along with the new 2008 rolling stock (tba), will be released sometime this year.

The Chaz Storm

Both Mavis and Edward might be out in either February or March.  As for the 2008 rolling stock and engines, we don't know at this point mainly because they haven't announced who they are and what the date will be, I'm sure we will find out at the earliest the middle of February of this year. ;) 

Anthony P

i think the engines will be out around Christmas, because remember last year around this time bachmann said she would be out around Febuary then it changed to March then in the summer somewere then most of us got her for Christmas.

StanierJack

Quote from: powdernoid on January 23, 2008, 04:14:06 PM
Hi Bach Man
I have been reading the strings and viewing the UK Bachman engines. It appears to me that Bachmann has the ability to release most ANY Thomas engine providing Bachmann is willing to step up and "redesign" a few EXISTING stock engines that are currently available in the UK market place. The finesse required to take a UK engine & make it a Thomas charachter doesn't appear all that difficult. Most of the inner works are already there!! I am waiting on Mavis to be released, I am sure we all are HOWEVER if the wait is much longer I will build one of my own. The gentleman who made Salty, GREAT job and thanks to all for the info on how Salty can be built!! I think more & more sctach building is going to take place thus intrest in mass produced product might be limited.
Just a though from a newbe to Thomas

Bachmann UK Engines - No

UK Stock - Yes

The locos in the bachmann range are too detailed. Plus, they are too expensive for most families buying a thomas locomotive.

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Anthony P on January 23, 2008, 08:21:38 PM
i think the engines will be out around Christmas, because remember last year around this time bachmann said she would be out around Febuary then it changed to March then in the summer somewere then most of us got her for Christmas.
The new policy is to announce the locomotives while they are allready in the works, usually 3 months prior to release.
Alex

The Chaz Storm

I just got off the phone with a very nice man who works at the Bachmann Industries and I talked to him about this. 

They already know who is going to come out and won't announce anything until the Toy Fair or possibly any other major hobby show.  As for what GG said, that might be the cause due to what happened with Emily, Edward, and Mavis.  I of course found that understandable and I'm not gonna lie to you guys but I wasn't to happy to hear about all the delays that have been going on lately. 

All in all in about a month or maybe more we'll find out all the same on who is gonna come out of the sheds and who isn't, if you guys take my meaning. ;)

Rail-Runner192

Ready for New Items!!

Shawmut Line Operation

You know I hope HenryBlue ends up like Percy did.  He always thinking he's better than me all the time.  If that isn't Percy who did something stupid its probably HenryBlue.

StanierJack

Quote from: FPTP-Man on January 29, 2008, 09:47:07 PM
Should be. :-\

Just remove a screw, like Wrenn or Dapol Wagons, the mainline moulding is the same.

Rail-Runner192

that makes sense. hey has anybody seen all the new rolling stock but me?
Ready for New Items!!