News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

loco bill

Started by Joe Satnik, January 23, 2008, 04:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Joe, As always I appreciate any and all tips and info on Bachamnn sets and all pieces of rolling stock and motive power. 

I am aware of this set, Bachmann made it for the Weiul McLain company which gave them to their customers as a promotional gift.  This is one of the early radio control sets rather than a track power set.   

There are still some mysteries about this set I would like to know.  The words "Contractor Collection Series No.3"  appear on the box the set comes in.  So did Bachmann ever make a 1 or a 2.  As best I know they never did.  So why did they call this set number 3 ???    The other question is how many were made?   I have never been able to get any information on this. 

This is one of the Bachmann sets that shows up on Ebay every three months or so.  Many sets have been broken up and the Weil Mclain Boxcar shows up seperately on Ebay from time to time.  It is a great looking car!!

Thanks again Joe and keep the tips comming.   

I would like to ask that any viewers out there who have any information on a Bachmann Set also Radio Control from the 1989-1991 period called the "Green Lightning" Set 90101 Please contact me.  It was never in the catalog.   I know absolutely nothing about this set other than one photo I have of it. 

Any and all help is always appreciated, as I am trying to put a book togeher about Bachmann Large Scale and remain an unofficial historian of Bachmann  Large Scale. 
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!