Installing Decoder in Emily for DCC

Started by kreeve, February 02, 2008, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreeve

I was able to successfully install a decoder in Emily today.  It was not easy, as there is almost no room to do it.

I used a Digitrax DZ123 decoder.  I installed the decoder in the front under the mechanism that moves the eyes.  Then ran the wires to the back up over the top being careful not to get the wires into the gears.

Emily is a solid piece inside.  An interesting design, but very good. 

I wish Bachmann would consider making decoder installation easier in these engines. Yes they may be for kids, but I have chosen to use DCC for my kids.  They love to be able to run multiple trains on the same track.

Kevin

StanierJack

Quote from: kreeve on February 02, 2008, 09:57:02 PM
I was able to successfully install a decoder in Emily today.  It was not easy, as there is almost no room to do it.

I used a Digitrax DZ123 decoder.  I installed the decoder in the front under the mechanism that moves the eyes.  Then ran the wires to the back up over the top being careful not to get the wires into the gears.

Emily is a solid piece inside.  An interesting design, but very good. 

I wish Bachmann would consider making decoder installation easier in these engines. Yes they may be for kids, but I have chosen to use DCC for my kids.  They love to be able to run multiple trains on the same track.

Kevin

I know what you mean. The Underground Ernie range Bachmann produce have a socket plug, and lots of room. Why they don't put this in thomas range, I don't know!