Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Question for Chaz

Started by Diesel #261, August 15, 2008, 12:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel #261

Ok to start this off I am sorry if this is spam. :(

Chaz
I had a question on your light up Thomas models.  I was wondering how the models light up.  Is there a circuit board in them that makes the front light turn on when the loco is going forward and the back one turn on when the loco is going backwards?  Also how did you make them light up?  I also was wondering if those are the same lamps on the models that were on them before.
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

The Chaz Storm

I don't mind you asking me this.  I am more than happy to answer it for you.

1. The models have the lights installed in the model.  There are wires attached to the engine's headlamp to the motor of the engine and that's what makes the light flash when the engines are running. 

2. The front lamp lights up when running forwards and the back lamp lights up when running backwards. 

3. They light up when I run them, the faster these models run the brighter the lights on the models will shine. 

Here is some other stuff too I would like to point out about the models while I am at it.

1. I did NOT make these models myself, these models I have bought from a hobby store called Train Buddy (Website Trainbuddy.com) and they added the lights feature to the models.  It was really expensive and it took a long time but it was totally worth it. 

2. You will have to pay an extra charge when purchasing the model with the lights installed. 

3. You can also mail your models to them and get the lights installed inside the models for a cheaper price if you are not up for buying another one of the same models you already have. 

4. The only engines that are available that can have lights installed are Thomas, James, Percy and Toby. 

5. Train Buddy also can do other things with the Thomas models including adding DCC to the models.  Also for the larger locomotives like Gordon, Spencer, (And I think, even though he was never mentioned on the site) Henry to have sound systems installed when running.  I am not sure about Emily though.  Same goes for Edward and Mavis since they aren't out yet....

Diesel #261

Thanks Chaz.  But I'm still wondering if those are the same lamps that were on the models. ???

Guilford Guy

They might be, but they had lights ADDED to them. If a model isn't advertised with something, it won't have it. Its a hobby, sometimes you have to do somethings yourself...
Alex

The Chaz Storm

The lights are indeed inside the lamps of the models.  This is why James doesn't have a light at the back and why none of the other engines like Gordon and Henry do not have lights installed. 

Diesel #261

Ok I see now.  Excellent models you have there. ;)

The Chaz Storm

Glad to be of service, anytime. ;)  Oh and thank you for the comment! 

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Chaz on August 15, 2008, 01:54:31 AM
I don't mind you asking me this.  I am more than happy to answer it for you.

1. The models have the lights installed in the model.  There are wires attached to the engine's headlamp to the motor of the engine and that's what makes the light flash when the engines are running. 

2. The front lamp lights up when running forwards and the back lamp lights up when running backwards. 

3. They light up when I run them, the faster these models run the brighter the lights on the models will shine. 

Here is some other stuff too I would like to point out about the models while I am at it.

1. I did NOT make these models myself, these models I have bought from a hobby store called Train Buddy (Website Trainbuddy.com) and they added the lights feature to the models.  It was really expensive and it took a long time but it was totally worth it. 

2. You will have to pay an extra charge when purchasing the model with the lights installed. 

3. You can also mail your models to them and get the lights installed inside the models for a cheaper price if you are not up for buying another one of the same models you already have. 

4. The only engines that are available that can have lights installed are Thomas, James, Percy and Toby. 

5. Train Buddy also can do other things with the Thomas models including adding DCC to the models.  Also for the larger locomotives like Gordon, Spencer, (And I think, even though he was never mentioned on the site) Henry to have sound systems installed when running.  I am not sure about Emily though.  Same goes for Edward and Mavis since they aren't out yet....
i got a thomas from train buddy and he broke like a week after i got him. i sent him back to be repaired and when i got him back his pin stripes and numbers were gone. i then sent it to the bachmann companie and they had never seen somthing more dangerous in their lives for working at the bachmann companie. so to fix the problem they sent me a new thomas and my trainbuddy one back. i always use my trainbuddy thomas. i just put a new shell on it.