News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Engine problems.

Started by rains train, February 17, 2008, 11:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rains train

"No light on." Ya know....I said that....there is no light....

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

TomKat

Alex, is this engine DC or DCC? If it's DCC and you're running electric cleaning cars on your track with the loco on the track, you've probably burnt the decoder. If it's a DC loco you need to get some help checking continuity (ohms) from the wheel pick-ups to the motor.~TomKat
Nothing Like it in the World==============#====

rains train

DCC. The track cleaning cars are normal box cars...with pads under them...not electric.

Alex

TomKat

Very good. Well it seems as if the problem is definitely in the loco somewhere, pick-ups, wiring, possibly a bad motor. Keep looking and keep me informed to see if we can amend the problem.~TomKat
Nothing Like it in the World==============#====

rains train

I'll take it to the shop tomorrow, see what they can find out. Thanks for the help :)

Alex (I'll call on ya if they can't get it)

Guilford Guy

I'm sure the people at K-10 will be able to help you troubleshooting.
Alex

rains train

They always have in the past! If I ever had a broken engine, they gave me a new one free. (And surely sent in the old one for a new one.)

Alex

rains train

I took it to them on thursday and they fixed it good as new for me.

Alex

WoundedBear

So....what did they find wrong with it?

Sid

rains train

I think they said...some wires were rubbing aginst the body..not completely sure, I was going for the layout car pulling amount with my challenger...the record is 169...I got 159...got the second record anyways!  ;D

Anyways, it was something with the wires, when they took the body off to show the bare wires and everything it ran fine, but when they put it on it wouldn't run.

Alex