News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Other SR&RL cars

Started by Sherwood, January 25, 2008, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherwood

Now that we have our Forneys and some pulpwood cars, does Bachmann plan to release any of the existing freight and pass cars with SR&RL lettering? 

Also, does any one know of a source for SR&RL decals or transfers so that we can re-letter some existing cars?  It seems like the SR&RL freight cars usually just had the initials which we could do with generic dry transfers, but it would be nice to find a set for the passenger cars with Sandy River & Rangely Lakes written out and a herald.  I tried some of the obvious on-line sources with no luck.

the Bach-man

Dear Sherwood,
I think that's a good idea as well, and I've mentioned it already. We'll see...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

trmwf

I noticed the other day while browsing that Republic Locomotive Works has Sandy River & Langley decals but there was no picture of them available so I don't know what they looked like.

Go to their site, click on product catalog then click on decals, select O scale and I think they were on page 4.

Mike

Woody Elmore

On page 8 of the current Gazette (Jan/Feb 2008) there is an ad for a SR&RL 24 foot boxcar kit, available in On2 or On30, by a company named Stevens Creek Models. It is briefly reviewed on page 16 of the same issue and seems to be a wood craftsman kit. It is designed to take Grandt Line On2 or On30 trucks and it would be right at home behind the Forney.

Bachmann passenger lettered for SR&RL would be nice

scottychaos

Here is a SR&RL coach I made from two Bachmann coaches:

and how I made it:
http://gold.mylargescale.com/Scottychaos/On2/index.html

IMO, the bachmann coaches need to be modified before they will have the"Maine 2-foot look"..they are too wide and too short (in length) as-is..
(even if you want to model 2-footers in On30)
but thats not surprising, since they are models of Colorado 3-foot gauge prototypes.

I also would like to see more Maine rolling stock and engines!  ;D
keep 'em coming Bachmann!  ;D

Scot