News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann D&RGW T-12 loco

Started by Tim Brien, February 20, 2007, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Brien

It may be a suprise to some but the Bachmann D&RGW T-12 bears little resemblance to the prototype.  I am in the final throes of modifying a spare parts loco to more resemble the 'real' thing.  Basically paint to finish it up.  A teaser photo,  with temporary tender and as yet no pilot truck fitted.

Guilford Guy

Alex

Tim Brien

Alex,
       hopefully by the end of the week it will be resplendent in a nice coat of black paint, along with the standard Bachmann tender.    I will build a reasonable tender in a few weeks from my Sam's Club spares.  I really am tired of looking at the Christmas colour schemes on my latest two bashes.  It is a relief to get some primer happening.

Guilford Guy

Heh. Well I will stay right here in this seat until that happens. It will be a long night.  :P
Alex

traindude109

I will be right there next to you Alex! hehehe........

Looking great Tim!
Matt

Boulder Creek and Western Railroad (G scale 1:20.3)

Stephen Warrington

Scoot over guys I am joining the crowd anyone wants some popcorn  8)

Stephen

traindude109

I will take some, get me a pepsi while your up!  ;)
Matt

Lee Carlson

Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

CCSII

While you're up Sir? (Didn't see your officer stripes.)

traindude109

OK wow...........nevermind. While your up getting the popcorn. I am now amazed........
Matt

Tim Brien

The loco is painted (black of course).  It requires decals and reassembly.

Tim Brien

Final photographs.  #167 would not have carried the flying herald as it was removed from service and dismantled in 1934,  around eight years before the introduction of the flying herald.  however,  I like the herald and it gives a family look to my roster.

Guilford Guy

Looks great!Now I can go to school again and Matt and Steve were beginning to smell pretty bad. And then there was the stale popcorn and Pepsi we had to live off. But It was worth it.
Alex

traindude109

Sorry Alex, I will go grab a shower.  :D

Tim, that looks absolutely awesome!
Matt

Stephen Warrington

Lookin great Tim, I think the smell was from Alex's socks and not us  :D

Stephen