News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Mistake?

Started by sour rails, January 27, 2008, 01:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour rails

Mr. Bachmann,
    I just bought item number 17523, HO 56' ACF center flow hopper, New York Central, gray; and I think I found a mistake in the printing.  Right below the NYC logo is a list of cautions.  The last line says, "EXTER CAR WITH RUBBER SOLED SHOES ONLY."  Is this a mistake?  Because I think it ought to say ENTER instead of EXTER.  It's not like anyone is going to notice it, but I noticed it as not being prototypical unless the prototype is that way too.  It does not bother me; I just think it's funny. :D
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

SteamGene

I've seen a picture of a Southern gondola with SUOTHERN painted on the side.   This was in a book about the Southern and long before digital manipulation.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

There was the infamous 'Atmrak' P42 #53 running around for a while. I've seen quite a few pictures of it, it doesn't seem to be a hoax. I'm suprised Athearn hasn't made this one yet. I'd bet it would sell well.

Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Paul M.

on a Branchline trains Volclay boxcar I say "Shut Door before Mooving".

Happy Nitpicking,
-Paul

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

grumpy

If you turn the car over you will see that it was made in China. ENTER in Chinese is EXTER .
Don

az2rail

Mooving. That one made me smile. Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

bobparki

In December 07 I bought Bachmann 18911 Flatcar SF with cont HO and the flatcar was printed on one side only, except for a little white circled plus at each end of the flatcar?
Bob