EZ track switch problem and analog controller question

Started by virtualchuck, January 28, 2008, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualchuck

Hey everyone, I know this subject has been discussed to death but I think I may have a unique issue with a couple of my switches.  I am aware of the filing of the points and things like that to make the switch more reliable, but the problem I seem to have, is that the points of the switch attach to a piece of plastic with rivets which of course is what changes the direction of the points.  It seems like the rivets are loose and that is causing the points to not stick to the outside rails causing constant derailments.  I have read that Bachman will exchange switches with a problem like this?

Also, I just got a Thomas set with the blue controller, and I’ve read that I can hook that up to my DCC controller to run the #10 analog loco.  I’ve got them hooked together with the 1/8” plug, but can’t seem to get it to work? (I’ve got the grey DCC controller that controls I guess 9 DCC plus the analog loco)

Also on the subject of DCC, is there anyway to access functions beyond 0 -9?  I just got a sound loco that does some things at 10+?

Thanks to everyone at Bachman and everyone else for your help.

Chuck

the Bach-man

Dear Chuck,
If your turnouts are not assembled properly we will replace them.
The analog pack should work if you've got the parts in correct line.
To control more functions you'll need to consider a more advanced system, like the soon-to-arrive Dynamis.
Have fun!
the Bach-man