News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

No traction?

Started by Trainguy95, January 26, 2008, 11:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainguy95

Hey,
  My Bachmann N scale Norfolk & Southern GP50 has a problem running on my track. What is it? It won't go! I have made an over & under figure 8 and when the loco tries to go up the grade it just spins. At first I thought it was my track in that area but I switched out locos for my Alaska GP40 and it ran just fine. ANY help would be appreciatted.

Thanks,
   Trainguy

taz-of-boyds

Does the loco only stop at the start of the grade?  Will it run if you place it on the middle of the grade?

Maybe the loco is hanging up on the track at the change in grade.  Or maybe the trucks are binding as the grade changes somehow.  Do you see anything when you look closely where the loco gets stuck?

Charles

Trainguy95

This loco will not go on a flat place either....It's really weird I've never had a Bachmann loco mess up like that. It will go down the grade if I place it there and may build up speed to reach the next grade but it will not go up the grade!I do not see anything unusual abot the loco when it gets stuck and it's not really stuck......it spins.I would like to hear from The Bach-Man! ;D

-Trainguy

taz-of-boyds

While we are waiting for the Bachmann, and I may be asking some dumb questions...  (this is what happens when people who might know what is happening don't speak up, or that is, write up...)

Have you examined the frames around the trucks to see if they are snapped in their proper location?  Or might they be hanging down a bit and scraping along the rails?

Do all the wheels spin when they are spinning?

The problem may require a trip back to the Bachmann hospital for injured trains though.

Charles

the Bach-man

Dear  Trainguy,
It sounds like a call to service is in order...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Trainguy95

Ok heres whats up. I rotate between my two locos to make sure that they are running at peak efficiency. When I took it off the lonely E-Z track segment I keep it on it ran good for a while and then messed up.
      Thanks,
    The Still confused
     Trainguy

taz-of-boyds

Traniguy,

If you can't see what might be causing the trouble the forum can't help you, you need to call service as the Bach-man said.

Charles

Trainguy95

I have found a train shop in my area and I am going to take it there in a couple of weeks. I would call service but I would more than likely have to send it off and  I would really miss it. :'(  If the guy there doesn't know whats wrong then service, be ready.

-Trainguy

RoundupBob

Maybe the track gremlin has been greasing your tracks!  ::) Just kidding.