Simon on Amtrak again and a message for the Bachmann

Started by Simon Greasly, January 30, 2008, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Greasly

quick question whatever happened to the n scale amtrak pepsi cans that Atlas used to make are they planning on bringing them back i'm told they were great running locos. any other info would be helpful.

Also Ps to the Bachmann here is an idea why don't you guys consider bringing back the good old metroliners or perhaps retooling and rereleasing the Turbotrain i mean if rapido can do it right then so can you. let's see the revival of the old classics like the magnificent Doodlebug, the  PRR Shifter, the Plasser, the French TGV, the Amtrak E60, the Baldwin Sharks, all the F9 Color schemes, and the Docksider to name a few. I'm certain i'm not the only one who would like to see these come back.
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

nscaler711

yes please bring back the E60P id like to own a new one, and the DD40AX,

but imho simon Bach does have the E60, but its in a set unfourtuantly
also ask the guys on the Atlas Forum ( i cant post a link sorry)
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Simon Greasly

Oh yeah forgot about that one we need the Double Ds they were awesome but my main concerns are over the ones that didn't run well Bachmann now has some great technology at its desposle so i'm thinking there is no reason why they should not retool some of the older crappy models like the Turbo Train and the Docksider.
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

daniel_leavitt2000

I have been working on rebuilding a pair of E60s. The models are ok... the prototypes are so boxy it is hard to get wrong. The ladders need a little help and the paint is awfull.

I repainted mine after filling in the pilots, repositioning the headlights and number boards, installing MTL couplers and adding details. They actually look decent. Unfortunatly the body is so low that an Atlas SD50 frame will not fit without a LOT of milling.

I would love to see a new (re-tooled) E60, or Metroliner (if retooled as well as the current Amtubes). I really wish we would see an AEM-7 and Comet II/Horizon cars.

Simon Greasly

yes exactly we're not seeing enough Amtrak in N scale theses days not any classic Amtrak anyway all we have had in the past so far is the E60, GG1, and crappy Lima F45s. Plus not to mention all of the Fantasy Amtrak equipment and even though those never ran on Amtrak they still looked good in the paint scheme. Of  particular not the American Freedom Train for a breif breif time ran with the Amtrak Logo. Cmon Bachmann lead us into the new classic era of N scale Amtrak Modeling. Oops almost forgot if you do remake the Turbo Train Please put it in Amtrak Colors.

Quick Vote here who would like to see the Bachmann Turbo Train return with new tooling and design?

GlennW

If con-cor can do a Pioneer Zephyr, an Aerotrain, & an electroliner, could a fine running TurboTrain be far off? I'm sure Bachmann is capable of making a fine product.

The new Heavy Mountain & J class Northerns are very nice steamers.

Simon Greasly

Yeah!  :D that is what I'm talking about cause there have been several great locomotives that were released only for a brief period the GG1, the PRR S1(even though it was in brass only), the DD40AX, and even the legendary Gas Turbines.

On another note what is everybodies oppinion on the old Docksiders do you think they should be rerealeased and Retooled?

GlennW

Simon: Atlas has done 2 runs of the Amtrak GE pepsi can dash 8's. One  regular Amtrak, the other for Amtrak California. Bachmann makes the only Amfleet cars to go behind them. Perhaps a new run could come with compatible knuckle couplers to go with Atlas Accumates.

You are correct, it's time Atlas did another run of them. I'd like to see anybody do some Horizon type cars. They are used by many commuter lines.

If Kato would wake up they could do runs of the F40 in commuter schemes. They could sell a bunch of Metra, MBTA,Caltrans etc painted locos. AFAIK only Athearn made some more modern commuter units with the Toronto Bombadier type cars. I'd like to see Athearn re- run the locos with a slower speed motor they tended to be excessive speeders. The commuter cars were fine. 

Simon Greasly

Exactly I sent a message to Kato about the F40s how they should run them in NJT and GO colors so that way we could at least get decent commuter service on our layouts without having to resort to Ebay or repainting. Also It would seem like we never ever got a prower release for some of the most famous electric locomotives like the Bipolar, Little Joe, the Alco S-1, and the E44 Rectifier. Come on Manufactures get with the Program

Simon Greasly

While we are on that note does anyone remember any other cool loco that went out of production or is still waiting to be rerun if you have a favorite post about it here.