News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Service

Started by BugNerd, February 21, 2007, 09:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BugNerd

I returned a N&W Class-J on Jan. 11, 07.  It smoked its tender and the arms on the drive wheels seemed really loose.

Last week and again today, I was not able to reach the service department.  The phone continues to ring endlessly.  I called 215 number and was transferred to customer service, but told the computer systems were down and that they were short-handed. 

This is my first locomotive and so obviously my first return.  How can I get the status of the return and is there a way to be notified when it's returned?

Thank you

SteamGene

This is a busy time for sevice at Bachmann.  You will probably get a new locomotive.   I'm afraid that it might not arrive to you until the middle of March.  If you want, call again and ask for Bridget.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

johnk

Dear Bug Nerd- Read pg. 2 thread entitled WARRANTY REPAIR- you will see you are not alone.

Last week I got back my engine back from service. I sent it in on Nov. 16.

After waiting 3 months , I was happy to get it. The note said they replaced the engine rather than repair it. I took it out of the box - put it on the track and bingo- it didn't work. Somehow they put my defective one in the box instead of the replacement.

BugNerd

Thanks for pointing me toward that thread.  I had also emailed them last week with no response.

johnk

you're welcome BugNerd

Also found thread - Question from the new guy - also on page 2

It seems they have a lot of problems this time of year.