News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NKP H-60

Started by Super Chief, January 30, 2008, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Chief

Hi Bach-mann, with the sucess of your 2-8-4(way to go!), could you make a model of the Nickel Plate 587. It is a 2-8-2 class H-60 built by baldwin for the Wheeling & Lake Erie. The Nickel Plate bought the W&LE, it obtained the 587. The loco is now located at the Indiana RR Muesum undergoing a rebuild. If you make it, make it in HO scale with sound please!

the Bach-man

Dear Chief,
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Super Chief

Thank you King Bach-man!

Orsonroy

Quote from: Super Chief on January 30, 2008, 10:21:34 PM
Hi Bach-mann, with the sucess of your 2-8-4(way to go!), could you make a model of the Nickel Plate 587. It is a 2-8-2 class H-60 built by baldwin for the Wheeling & Lake Erie. The Nickel Plate bought the W&LE, it obtained the 587. The loco is now located at the Indiana RR Muesum undergoing a rebuild. If you make it, make it in HO scale with sound please!

NKP 587 was NOT a Wheeling & Lake Erie engine. It is a USRA light 2-8-2 built in 1919 for the LAKE ERIE and WESTERN, as their engine number 5541. When the NKP bought and absorbed the LE&W in 1922, they classified the LE&W's 15 USRA lights as class H-6o (oh, not zero).

Currently, there are already four USRA light models on the market (Bowser, BLI, Trix, IHC. Athearn made one a few years ago as well) so I don't think that Bachmann adding a fifth (or sixth) version of the same engine type would be a useful marketing plan on their part. Bachmann DOES need an American prototype 2-8-2 in their catalog however, and there are plenty of other deserving, and decidedly NOT USRA-styled engines out there that need to be made (Harriman-standard or NYC H-5, for example)
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

Super Chief

Quote from: Orsonroy on February 02, 2008, 11:08:01 PM
Quote from: Super Chief on January 30, 2008, 10:21:34 PM

NKP 587 was NOT a Wheeling & Lake Erie engine. It is a USRA light 2-8-2 built in 1919 for the LAKE ERIE and WESTERN, as their engine number 5541. When the NKP bought and absorbed the LE&W in 1922, they classified the LE&W's 15 USRA lights as class H-6o (oh, not zero).

Currently, there are already four USRA light models on the market (Bowser, BLI, Trix, IHC. Athearn made one a few years ago as well) so I don't think that Bachmann adding a fifth (or sixth) version of the same engine type would be a useful marketing plan on their part. Bachmann DOES need an American prototype 2-8-2 in their catalog however, and there are plenty of other deserving, and decidedly NOT USRA-styled engines out there that need to be made (Harriman-standard or NYC H-5, for example)
Hey don't I know you from Model RR fourms! I'm New Haven I-5.

Super Chief

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 30, 2008, 11:10:30 PM
Dear Chief,
I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Any info yet?