Is "Steam Power" the future of railroading?

Started by WoundedBear, January 31, 2008, 08:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Sorry Grump....not until I hear more about these hairless foxes and find out WTF a "morge" is.

Too freakin' funny.

Sid

SteamGene

Chug,
You need to check your meds, your Warriner's and your Merriam-Webster.  I retired from the army as a 13E5H, and I can tell you that radiation comes from radioactive ELEMENTS.  I would suggest that any accident would insure that there would no longer be any critical mass, much less supercritical mass, which is what makes those ugly mushroom clouds.  It's actually fairly easy to clean up a mess of sub-critical pieces.  Now, were it to happen in downtown Washington, DC, there would be some unhappy campers adjacent to the wreck - but that wouldn't be for any great distance unless you showed up with those headless geese.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

CHUG

steamgene you see i dont mean no disrespect to yourself and us citizens all appreciate your service but if your retired military your probably an oldtimer that didnt go to high level formal education after high school and when you joined up and they told you just go out there and watch this bomb and dont worry about nothing like critical mass or nuclear molecules you did what everybody did and just took the order and watched the bomb then wondered why you got cancer or your testes quit and so forth. same as the guys they gave lsd to. Bottom line is if the rumor is right and the military is crashing jumbo planes at dover to test nuclear jet engines and it leads to hairless foxs and other freak animals imagine what its doing to the people that live around there and even the gomer pyles they picked to crash the planes. So anybody that thinks nuclear trains is a good idea should take a lesson and so forth. Thanks.

SteamGene

Chug,
The first lesson a lawyer needs to learn is to never ask a question in court if he doesn't know the answer.  Jiust for your edification, I have an AB from the College of William and Mary in Virginia and a diploma from the Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.  I retired as a lieutenant colonel and a 13E5H designates a commissioned officer qualified in fire direction to include employment of nuclear and chemical weapons. 
Quite frankly, you have no idea.  Have you ever been to Dover Air Force Base?  Do you know where it is? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

CHUG

steamgene i said i meant my remarks with all do respect to yourself and your service and so forth. I didnt know you are a lawyer and got a ab degree in this stuff and thats real nice but what the heck did you do with all that learning. At least your attitude is good even if it dont cure cancer or fix your jewels. there is a real problem in this counrty that oldtimers were hosed and now we all have to pay for it but its not your fault and we appreciate your service you see. Dover air base is in dover delaware which is the first state and so forth located on the east coast betwwen maryland and pennsylvania. All our dead go there from the war to there morge. dover downs race track also is there. I know some guys that hunt with guys who go around there. its also very close to the beach area where families and there kids go so messing with nuclear things to see what happens is crazy. i read plenty about the c5 crash there and enough to know something is rotten in denmark on this. the real issue here is again with respect to yourself and your comments is nuclear trains is a bad idea and i appreciate you chiming in about about your ab and lawyer work but i really dont think that changes anything. you seem like a fairly bright person though. Thanks.

grumpy

Wounded bear  ;D
Look what you started.If only
Don

WoundedBear

I'll bet you wear a lot of camouflage clothing, don't ya Chug? :D

Damn conspiracy theorists. Anyone that believes these wild theories needs their head read. I'll bet you believe that vapor trails from high altitude jets are actually chemical sprayers. Here's a tip....they're called "Urban Legends" for a reason.

No wonder the rest of the world calls your country the Excited States of Paranoia. All we can hope, is that you are in a small minority with your beliefs.

And by the way....it's MORGUE....not morge.....and a morgue is a building.....why would they crash anything near buildings. Do you perhaps mean cemetery? And even if you did mean cemetery, with the respect we give our dead in society, I can't see them crashing a jet into a cemetery either.

And this line kills me.....you wrote this in reply to Gene...

"I didnt know you are a lawyer and got a ab degree in this stuff and thats real nice but what the heck did you do with all that learning."

Gene did two of the most honorable things a man could ever do.....he used his "learning" to firstly, serve his country, and secondly, to pass on his knowledge and become a teacher.

Just out of curiosity....how old are you? I see you're another one that's afraid to add anything to their profile page.

BTW.....here's a bit about your crash....from Wikipedia, with a link to the whole article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-5_Galaxy

Quote from the WIKI article....

"Aircraft 84-0059 (C-5B) crashed after an in-flight emergency involving an indication that a thrust reverser was not locked. On April 3, 2006, the aircraft, assigned to the 436th Airlift Wing and flown by a reserve crew from the 326th Airlift Squadron, 512th Airlift Wing crashed about 2000 ft (610 m) short of runway 32, while attempting a heavyweight emergency landing at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. The airplane, carrying 17 people, had taken off from Dover about 21 minutes earlier and reported an in-flight emergency (number 2 engine thrust reverser not locked indication) 10 minutes into the flight. The aircraft broke into three sections and the No. 1 engine separated from the wing pylon spilling thousands of gallons of fuel, but there was no fire, and all 17 aboard survived with no life-threatening injuries. The Air Force's accident investigation concluded the crash was a result of human error, most notably the determination that the crew kept one of the functioning engines in flight idle while manipulating the throttle of the (dead) Number 2 engine as if it was still running, an error that was further amplified by the crew's decision to use a high flap setting that increased drag beyond normal 2 engine performance capabilities.[18] The forward fuselage will be converted into a C-5 AMP avionics test bed, and the rest of the airframe has been scrapped"

And OMG....look here....all kinds of pictures of the incident, and not a hazardous environment suit to be seen. But I bet these photos are faked, right?

http://www.cargolaw.com/2006nightmare_c5-b.html

Also, seeing as how there are pictures of the crash on the net, I doubt anything secret was on board.

Sid

grumpy

CHUG

woundedbear has got hiself in a wide stance with his hemroids flared up about this c5 crash and his steamgeniecakes you see. what kind a clown thinks you can crash a c5 and keep pictures of it out of the news and so forth. The dover delaware air base is close enough to fort mead nsa so they can keep an eye on the whole thing and they probably have satelite pictures of the freaks caused by the nuclear molecules by now if they exist. Thanks.

Woody Elmore

An atomic plane? Didn't the Russians experiment with one? And the USAF is deliberately crashing them in Delaware? I guess the same guys who blew up the World Trade Center (which is something Mark Cuban claims happened) and blew up the Mississippi levees to flood New Orleans are also responsible for the plane crashes. No doubt they are related to the vast network of conspirators who killed President Kennedy. Maybe they know the whereabouts of Judge Crater!

This string of posts has given me a lot to laugh about!!

SteamGene

You know, Cunnard hired an ocean going tugboat to push that iceberg right into the path of the TITANIC.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

grumpy

TonyD

Gentlemen, in the words of professor Einstien "das first var vas fought wit sticks on stones, ond so vill das last var". Visionary that I am....I foresee Mel Gibson once again dressed in Mad Max hand-me-downs.... rolling down the main line in a converted fuel tank...throwing computor monitors, phone poles, dead cats......dry radio active foxes have lots of btu's..... but never a headless goose, they are really good if you don't overcook the gravey...we in the west -and those under the age of 40 odd, don't realize much of the world that put steam power in the dead line, not yet scraped when resurrected in the oil cruch years of the 70's and 80's....until it wore out and wasn't replaced with NEW steam.....and not high voltage Austrian coffee pot elements in the firebox... i saw that once too.....about a weird as this thread is getting...:) 
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

Loco Bill Canelos

When gas gets to $10 a gallon and our electric bills increase by 300 percent or more nuclear power will be accepted as the miracle cure to our energy problems!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

pgarman

I wonder if anyone has considered the possiblity that Chug might be pulling our leg?  I've run into a number of people over the years that get their greatest yuks from tall stories, teasing, and bambooziling (sp) others.  I can visualize someone sitting in front of his computer screen & roaring with laughter at some of the responses here.  ??  just my thoughts.                       Paul
Paul