News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Up Graded 2-6-0

Started by jestor, January 15, 2009, 03:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Quote from: C.S.R.R. Manager on January 21, 2009, 03:57:31 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but which would you rather have?  An upgraded 2-6-0, or an entirely new loco?  Even if the 2-6-0 would be inexpensive to retool, it would still take time from the schedule for making the parts and running them through the assembly line.  That time and money could be spent instead on a Heisler, a 2-6-6-2, or whatever else Bachmann has in the works.

Manager
Since Bachmann can't seem to make any prototypes that I want I would much rather see a 2-6-0 since I could use several more of these.

lvrr325

Quote from: steinked on January 23, 2009, 03:17:41 PM
I had my Mogul converted to DCC with Sound, because I did not want to commit her to the shelf. But she cannot compete with the more recent Bachmann products like the Consolidation or the Forney, as their mechanisms are really superior to that of the old 2-6-0. The Mogul will never have adequate slow motion abilities, unless Bachmann develops a new drive for the model. A plain DCC upgrade will not do.

Kind Regards Dieter

Ahh, but the DCC circuitry will use some of the transformer voltage and allow greater control of the voltage the motor actually uses, resulting in a slower locomotive that can be programmed to run with other DCC-equipped locomotives.  No other changes should be necessary. 

jestor

Quote from: steinked on January 23, 2009, 03:17:41 PM
I had my Mogul converted to DCC with Sound, because I did not want to commit her to the shelf. But she cannot compete with the more recent Bachmann products like the Consolidation or the Forney, as their mechanisms are really superior to that of the old 2-6-0. The Mogul will never have adequate slow motion abilities, unless Bachmann develops a new drive for the model. A plain DCC upgrade will not do.

Kind Regards Dieter         
  During the installation, were electrical pickups added to the tender? What brand of decoder was installed? Is the decoder equipped with BEMF?  Just curious.