News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rollingstock ideas

Started by JohnR, February 01, 2008, 01:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnR

Mr Bach-man -

Firstly, it was great meeting you in Sacramento.

Here are a couple rollingstock ideas -

Four wheel caboose

Short combine

MoW cars

Westcoast beer reefers  :D

-John

the Bach-man

Dear John,
You as well! Thanks for the suggestions!
Best,
the Bach-man

Ken

To add to the list, some Steel ore cars,  similar to the Kilbourne & Jacobs steel orecars, as used by Grandby on their 3ft gauge Hidden CreekCopper line. Some of these car's ended up on the WP&Y as ballast cars.

Plans shown in "Steel Rail & Silver Dreams".

For a reefer "Rouge Breweries" out of Oregon.

Ken
    GWN

ksivils

SRRL Maine

Mr. Bachman,

I would like to see more Maine type rolling stock, Combine, Caboose
or exsisting stock lettered for SRRL
Disconect log-bunks like on the FM
Remember the kit undecorated in the Big Hauler line some years ago?
Would be great to have for kit bashing, and save on assembly costs?
Thanks 8) 8) 8) 8)

James Thomas

Seems like it is time for a long caboose to go with your short caboose.
Thanks.

aussie30inch

hi

Yes I agree a new caboose either long or short would be wonderfully accepted ( not a 4 wheel though ) also a steel box another great idea, would be welcome to my roster ! :D  ;D  :D

Geoff

aussie30inch

Tomcat

Steel Boxcar would be a favorite.

Something for the Loggers: Logging Caboose - a West Side prototype for example...

More Maine 2-footers rolling stock: SR&RL after you already produce the Forneys...

Cheers, Tom ;)

wade

Yes, please more Maine rolling stock and how about log loaders, cranes and/or rail mounted steam shovels to go with the side dumps and V dumps.
Wade
Wade

Frisco

A CandS style caboose would be great.

sd90mac

http://archive.mylargescale.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47281&SearchTerms=caboose
this caboose would be easy to make (just modify the existing one) and I woyld buy a few.

Dusten Barefoot

How'a bout some ET&WNC Piggy backs. Great way to haul trailers around. Would go really great for the new Ten Wheelers.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

lvrr325

Grandt Line offers a C&S style 4-wheel short caboose kit in O that would be realtively easy to modify to On30.  Check their web page, there are pictures of it up and you can buy a lot of the parts seperately, I've been using them on some SP/C&C and D&RGW scratchbuilds.

Something that would be relatively easy to tool up is a snowplow based on the current caboose.  A new roof to move the cupola to one end and a blade with some side wings designed to fit on one end of the body and over the sides of it, would do the job.  I was debating on scratchbuilding some parts to turn one of my cabooses into a plow.

Dusten Barefoot

Or an longer caboose, such as 505 & 506 of the ET&WNC. Just add some length to already existing cabeese, and make the cupola a little wider, and it would be perfect.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten