News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rollingstock ideas

Started by JohnR, February 01, 2008, 01:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Quote from: lvrr325 on January 18, 2009, 09:00:36 PM
Grandt Line offers a C&S style 4-wheel short caboose kit in O that would be realtively easy to modify to On30.  Check their web page, there are pictures of it up and you can buy a lot of the parts seperately, I've been using them on some SP/C&C and D&RGW scratchbuilds.
Thanks, I already knew that but I'm not verry good at putting kits together so I was really hoping for something that was ready to run.

superthomasfan

Dusten Barefoot

How about some ET&WNC Vistibul coaches, or ET&WNC Excursion cars.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ksivils

Deerfield River Laser (models?) is producing kits for these.  They are doing the open platform coach from the Linville River, combine/RPO #15, the Azalea, and the closed vestibule coaches!

Bachmann coach frame and roof are used with the wood bodies.

Great looking stuff on the web site!

Dusten Barefoot

That's right! I forgot about that; but a ET&WNC Excursion car would be awesome as well.
Rock On!
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

aussie30inch

A great suggestion was made here a while back, that perhaps a new Curved roof both plain / corragated styles be produced as an accessory to be a replacement for the Box/ cattle cars and reefer cars.

The could be sold like the new replacement underframes in a 3 pack.

What about Mr Bachmann?

Geoff ;)

Mister Lee

I concurr with others that curved-roofed or corrugated-roof boxcars or stock cars/banana cars would be great. I also like the idea of a two-truck Caribbean/Cuban style sugar cane car, too.

While I would also like to see an Railway Post Office car or a combination Railway Post Office--baggage car with either a clerestory roof or round roof and NO end platforms, I'm beginning to think that even modelers with my minimal skill might be able to kitbash such a beastie.

superthomasfan

I have noticed that bachmann is planning to make an open air coach in HO.
How about one in On30, too?  :) ;D

ksivils

Steel box car - outside frame 24-26 feet in length.

Two different roofs and you have North American and international box cars.

Frisco

I would also like to see a double door bagage car like the ones used by the Rio Grande only sized to fit with the existing passenger cars.

superthomasfan

lvrr325

Funaro is offering a kit for the EBT steel box car.  Not a simple shake the box job but with patience they're not that hard to assemble. 

superthomasfan

How about a coach with a cupula?  ;)