News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Carrier

Started by David, February 02, 2008, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Does any one have plans for building a carrier for large scale locomotives? Something that would make it easy to transport locos such as the "K" and the Connie from the basement to the yard without having to disconnect the tender and make several trips. It could also be used for storage of the engines when not in use. Any plans or links to existing plans would be appreciated. No sense re-inventing the wheel if it's already been done.
Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

F.B.

Go to page two of Bachmann Message Board and look for article on pin conectors on K-27 started by Howard.. John D miller has a picture of carrier he made. Hope this helps.
F.B.

Danny Sheehan in Oz

David, I have trouble sending photos to the site, so have sent some by e-mail to your address, showing my Carrier for my Connie, just make one bigger for your K27.
Regards, Danny Sheehan in Oz. ;)

Paul W.

Happy Steamin'

Paul

Jon D. Miller

David,

Check my GRBLOG.  The referenced carrier for the K-27 is there with three pictures.  Also,  a previous posting about building a carrier for a 3 Truck Shay.

http://www.grblogs.com/index.php?blog=4&title=bachmann-k-27&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Scroll down through the topic "Bachmann K-27" and you'll come to that part that addresses the carrier.

As I had mentioned, carriers are used for all locomotives that have tenders where there are wires that run from tender to locomotive.  Same holds for the three truck Shay.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

soleman10

J.D., could you post a link to the article about building your loco carrier?  I've followed your link to your blog and saw the pictures.  Looks like what I'm after as well.  It says if I go further down there are instructions on how to build it.  I can't seem to find those.  Guess you have to be a member of LSOL. 
Thanks,
Mike.

Jon D. Miller

Mike,

Contact me off net and I'll provide the bill of materials.

Contact e-mail is Jlsclw@aol.com

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Bruce Chandler

Bruce