News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recomended sound for a Porter

Started by lqdsky, February 06, 2008, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lqdsky

Can someone recommend a sound system for the Side Tank Porter. I'm looking into the Sierra system for my Consolidation, but unsure about the Porter due to the size. Also what size speaker would I use directly in the engine.

Thanks

Ralph

the Bach-man

Dear Ralph,
Phoenix has one. You can hear it on their site.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

calenelson

I like the Sierra Light Logging/Peanut Whistle....

rperego

For DCC I put the Tsunami light logging in mine (using a separate decoder for the motor).  Without taking it apart I think the speaker that fit in the provided space was around 2".  I sealed a plastic cap over the speaker hoping it would increase the volume but it didn't improve it much.  After putting the same sound board in a Shay I discovered the Tsunami light logging simply isn't as loud as some of their other boards - at least from my experience.  But, for indoors and at the price it's OK.

I tried the NCE Cab option to "play" the whistle but wasn't impressed, especially in comparison to a demo TOC gave me over the phone of a Sierra.

lqdsky

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I will be leaning towards the  Sierra. I somehow overlooked the Light Logging when I was looking for my Consolidation on the Soundtraxx site..

Is everything included in the Sierra kit, or do I have to buy the speaker separately.

Thanks