News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Bachmann 2-8-0

Started by modlerbob, February 08, 2008, 04:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modlerbob

I got this several years ago and it still runs like new.  Was undecorated so I made a couple of modifications and lettered it SOUTHERN.  It is moderately weathered as it would have been in the late 1940's

Bob DeWoody

Paul M.

It looks really nice! I will probably buy a couple 2-8-0s like that and letter them for the T&P! Nice Weathering

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

James Hail

Nice job.....Did you use powders acrylics or enamels?

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

modlerbob

I airbruhed floquil flat finish with a small amount of reefer white added.  Then oversprayed with dullcoat.
Bob DeWoody

GN.2-6-8-0

Yep' looks great,you might wish to add a bell cord when you get a chance that would really set it off nicely
Rocky Lives

Santa Fe buff

Did you use a detail kit or letter it by hand- cause' that looks NICE!
- Joshua Bauer

modlerbob

The Southern letters and numbers are Champ decals.  The loco was unweathered and very glossy at that point.  The decals were then sealed with a couple of coats of Floquil flat finish before I started the weathering.
Bob DeWoody

r.cprmier

That is a great job.  I will take your tip here, about using floquil flat and a bit of reefer white.  It is nicely done-not overdone (like mine...).
The late Lee Vandevise used to use thin wire blackened for cords and hangng wires with built-in slack.  it is easier than monkeying around with string or thread.

RIch 
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!