News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Some new On30 Tidbits

Started by the Bach-man, February 08, 2008, 11:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The first announcements of the year are accessories: Separate sale resin logs, pulpwood loads, car lowering underframes in black and oxide (three in a pack), and two-packs of pilots with operating couplers for the mogul. Arrival TBA.
There will be more announcements as the year goes on.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ebtnut

:DGood news!  Thanks, Bach-man.

aussie30inch

Great news the lowered underframe will be wonderful :D and the new pilots very welcome

Thanks Bachmann

Geoff

aussie3inch ;D

max (uk)

Sounds great.The mogul pilots sound a good idea. Even more reason to add a decoder to mine. :P

drgw268

Great stuff! 

Will the next run of Moguls have the new pilot already installed?

Dusten Barefoot

I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

The Old Fardt

Nice to hear that there will be something to use in my projects instead of another freight car or an engine.

Now how about a nice sawmill and assesories to go along with the logging engines and log cars as after all,  they have to be sent somewhere other than round/round the layout ???

Cheers from the far northwet part of this big country,

TOF

dto

Wonderful news -- I suspect the Mogul pilots with operating couplers will prove popular with the kitbashers and scratchbuilders.  I could easily use four -- one for my Mogul, another for a Mogul chassis awaiting a new superstructure, one for a 4-6-0 conversion (inspired by a 2008 On30 Annual article), and the last as a spare.  Thank you very much, Bachmann!

By the way, I suspect that most of my rolling stock have the earlier underframes.  Is there a way to quickly determine this?  And I assume these new lowered underframes are for the standard size freight cars, and not for the passenger cars and cabooses?

Thanks again!

David T. Okamura

railtwister

Mr. Bach-man,

This really is excellent news! The Mogul pilots are especially welcome, since they indicate that the Mogul is not an abandoned orphan. Could it be that this is the first step in an upcoming "Mogul Upgrade", that might include sound & DCC? The freight car underframes are a great idea too, will they have truss rods & straight shank couplers already installed? If only they were to be diecast for more more weight...

Thanks, we all eagerly await further announcements of new goodies!

Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL
Florida On30 Renegades (at Yahoo Groups)

br549

;D Thank you very much!  What Great news   ;D

MilesB

Quote from: dto on February 10, 2008, 01:17:23 AM
By the way, I suspect that most of my rolling stock have the earlier underframes.  Is there a way to quickly determine this?  And I assume these new lowered underframes are for the standard size freight cars, and not for the passenger cars and cabooses?
ALL of my stock is on 'old' underframes, so it would be nice to know what is involved and what the difference is - I may still be better off doing my own mods?

Miles

Sherwood

Sounds like useful stuff.  I assume the new underframes will go with the new archbar trucks like on the pulpwood car, so it would be good to offer the archbar trucks in a matching 3 pack for scratchbuilding or converting existing cars to the SR&RL style.  That might also keep the price down, it would be easy for the trucks plus the underframes to come out close to the discounted price of the whole car!

I have tried the previous style trucks on the pulpwood just to check, and without the spacer it comes out the same height so no adjustment is needed if you want just to use the new underframe to convert the height while retaining the old trucks.  Note that the pulpwood requires an overshank coupler because the coupler box is not raised as much as it would need to be to use the more realistic center shank.  There is still a hint of an upper vacant coupler box on the pulpwood, I would think once it is lowered this far it would look better to put a center shank in its own box at the right height without a dummy vacant one above -- see Harolds conversions.

Bachmann - Please make sure either the underframe packs or the archbar trucks come with the black spacer that is required to match the archbar with the underframes - the archbar single pack that I bought did not have them.  (They would not be used if reusing trucks on a retrofit)

br549

Dear Bachmann, One small question if you could answer please?
With the introduction of the new lowered car frames, when installed on the early series of your rolling stock "higher profile " cars . In order to lower them to the new low-profile series you now offer will adding the lowpro trucks need to be installed as well to achive the same heights as the new run? Not a big issue with me, just curious about the results ahead of time.
Thanks Bachmann :D

the Bach-man

Dear 549,
I believe all the trucks will be available.
Have fun!
the Bach-man