News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

percy problum

Started by ThomasFan247, April 29, 2008, 05:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

2day iwas running my percy. i noticed that he kept on goin slower and slower 4 about 10 minutes.then he just stopped. i felt his boiler and it was roasting!  :o also its eyes stopped moving. kan u guys pleese help?thanx.

-Chris

Guilford Guy

The motor may have burnt out, if the eyes+motor are wired in series. Do your other locomotives run fine? Send it into Bachmann for a replacement.
Alex

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Guilford Guy on April 29, 2008, 05:33:07 PM
The motor may have burnt out, if the eyes+motor are wired in series. Do your other locomotives run fine? Send it into Bachmann for a replacement.
my other locos run fine.

Diesel #261

Maby if didn't use duck tape to clean your tracks you wouldn't have that problem. :P
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Anthony P

my percy's eyes stopped moving a cuple of days afer i got him. I believe i got him in 2004

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Shawmut Line on April 29, 2008, 06:26:19 PM
Maby if didn't use duck tape to clean your tracks you wouldn't have that problem. :P
i stopped usin duk tape and started usin track liquid cleeners and track earasers. i just tested my percy agen. he runs fine-but only backwards. wen he gos 4ward he jurks then stops. another thing is that his motor (under the boiler) heets up fast. also it (percys moter) starts 2 smell reelly fast 2. i dunno wats rong wit it.  :-\

Chessie Sys. 3022

Just a suggestion--Maybe clean Percy's wheels and take his shell off and see if there are any objects in there like ground foam, ballast, lint, ect.

~Justin

Guilford Guy

Does Percy use a worm gear? Years ago, there was a problem with the Mantua 4-6-2's, where do to a bad worm gear, they would run horribly forwards, and fine backwards.
Alex