News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cheap MR Mag Subscriptions

Started by Paul M., February 07, 2008, 05:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul M.

Now that Model Railroader has increased their standard subscription rates to around $40, I looked around for cheaper MR subscription rates. Of Course, the rate on the fake paper covers advertising new special issues always has the option of paying a little less for the subscription than you would if you bought it at the regular subscription rate (ie, $39.95 vs. $41.95), but still, that seemed like a little much. Fortunately, when I was thumbing through Great Model Railroads 2008 at my LHS, I noticed that the subscription cars were for subscriptions of only $32.95! I know how I'm renewing... ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

barrowsr

I let my MR subscription lapse because their rates kept going up as did their pages of advertizing.  Dropping their listings of train shows made my decision even easier.  I'm keeping my subscription to Railroad Model Craftsman since they offer more pages of articles, less pages of ads at a better price than MR.

Paul,
I'm a little curious about finding a cheaper way to subscribe to MR.  Do you need to by a copy of Great Model Railroads in order to get the cheaper subscription rate?

Robinin

jayl1

From time to time I get post cards from Kalmbach offering a year's subscription for $29.95.    Try modelrailroader.com/direct - the email address on the card.

Paul M.

Quote from: barrowsr on February 10, 2008, 03:12:01 PM
Paul,
I'm a little curious about finding a cheaper way to subscribe to MR.  Do you need to by a copy of Great Model Railroads in order to get the cheaper subscription rate?

Robinin

Probably not, you can just tear out the little subscription cardstock inserted in the magazine , if you see a GMR 2008 issue somewhere.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific