News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I was wondeirng........

Started by westsidelumber12, February 09, 2008, 11:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westsidelumber12

How do those Santa Fe 4-8-4's with dcc on board run? I am thinking about getting one but i wanted to know how they run, it also troubles me there is no 3751.  :(
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

RAM

If you are wondering why Bachmann does not have a #3751.  The answer is simple.  Bachmann's Santa Fe 4-8-4s are models of the 3778 class.  They are bigger locomotives then the 3750 class.  The 3750 class was rebuilt and the driver size was changed from 73 inch to 80 inch.   A new (20,000 gallon square tender) placed the old tender.  BLW makes a 3751.

Santa Fe buff

I don't know how they run, but I heard they run like regular DCC engines. DCC is fun-it's like a real train slowly taking off. But I don't have DCC on board, I'll look into it, but for now- I guess they run as if you were the engineer, after all, thats why they created DCC.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

I've driven one of the Berkshires at the club, and I must say it runs far better than I expected. You should be happy with it, It will run a lot better than your lifelike, and may even be comparable to your 2-10-2. You should be happy with it. Also, look into a Lenz or Digitraxx DCC system. Your current EZ command doesn't have enough programming functions such as Braking Delay.
Alex

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 12, 2008, 11:24:26 PM
I've driven one of the Berkshires at the club, and I must say it runs far better than I expected. You should be happy with it, It will run a lot better than your lifelike, and may even be comparable to your 2-10-2. You should be happy with it. Also, look into a Lenz or Digitraxx DCC system. Your current EZ command doesn't have enough programming functions such as Braking Delay.

Glad to hear that the Bachmann Berkshire is in the same class as the Proto unit. When you refered to the 2-10-2 are your refering to a Proto or Spectrum unit??
Pacific Northern

Guilford Guy

Alex