News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Spectrum 2-8-0 front wheel set dragging

Started by sparkyjay31, February 10, 2008, 02:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkyjay31

Has anyone had a similar problem to this?  The front wheel set is dragging.  I took the assembly off and have a difficult time turning the wheels by hand.  This does not seem to be a lubrication issue.  They are just hard to turn and not moving freely.  I can see marks on the wheels already from the lack of spinning.

I know that I can contact Customer Support, but I thought I'd try here first.

Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

James Hail

Are they out of gauge ie smashed together on the axle and rubbing the plastic frame of the truck?...Is there plastic mold scraps(flash) left in the axle slots?

Always check a new loco to be shure all the wheels are turning,a half hour or so of run time will flatten and ruin a wheelset if its not rotating freely...then it will hop and click forever and maybe derail often.

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]

sparkyjay31

There are the little black mold pieces on the inside of the wheel on the axle.  Is that what you mean?

I never knew to check to see if all the wheels were turning.  I found out today when I started to hear a squealing.

NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: sparkyjay31 on February 10, 2008, 09:42:33 PM
There are the little black mold pieces on the inside of the wheel on the axle.  Is that what you mean?

I never knew to check to see if all the wheels were turning.  I found out today when I started to hear a squealing.

Yer learnin' kiddo ! ;D

Rocky Lives

sparkyjay31

Mr. B,

What's the usual turn around time on leaving a message for the Service Department?  I left a message yesterday morning and don't want to be a pain in the neck if I call again.
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

RAM

From what I have read in other post I think it is like 6 months 2 hours and ten minutes.  You best bet is to call, and don't use the 800. number.

sparkyjay31

Quote from: RAM on February 12, 2008, 03:01:42 PM
From what I have read in other post I think it is like 6 months 2 hours and ten minutes.  You best bet is to call, and don't use the 800. number.

I called the direct number and got a real person.  No machine, just a very nice polite very helpful real person!  "Send it right in for repair or replacement".  Very Cool.

Thank you Bachmann for putting the customer first! ;D ;D ;D
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!