News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

old Bachmann Plus kits

Started by DMRC, April 02, 2008, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMRC

Are there any hobby shops anyone knows about that might have old stock of Backmann Plus kits. I am specificaly looking for 35114,35113.and 35112

Yampa Bob

Your best bet is to check small shops around the country.  On our last trip to KC, I found a bunch of old MDC kits in Hays, Kansas.  The shop is "Around the World" owned by Tom Mai.  No toll free number but write to  sales@hayshobby.com.  Tom is very prompt in answering mail requests.  He also has fair discounts on Roundhouse products.   If you write him, say "Bob from Colorado says hello".   

"Engine House Hobbies " in Wichita,Kansas may have some older kits. They don't have a web site, but their number is  1-800-586-4443.  If you talk to "Richard Stephey" tell him Bob from Colorado referred you.

Visit various small city Chamber of Commerce sites, search for hobby shops.  I find a lot of "goodies" this way.  Kansas City has several shops. 

Caboose Hobbies in Denver, Colorado has a large inventory of hard to find items.
http://www.caboosehobbies.com

They seem to be having server problems recently, but their number is 1-800-866-1813 or write to   information@caboosehobbies.com   I don't have a contact there.

Good luck,

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.