News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I beam color on '50s bridges

Started by SteamGene, February 10, 2008, 05:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Central

Gene,

In the past, prior to green that is popular now, a great number of steel bridges, both railroad and highway, where painted silver.

As for early steel and concrete highway bridges, this isa good question and no doubt varies from state to state and era to era. I would think green or silver would be the most likely colors. The unpainted rust thing depends a lot on the area and the type of steel.

Here on the Atlantic Central we have silver bridges, because it is prototypical for the era and to distingish us from the black of the B&O and PRR.

Sheldon

CHUG

Steamgene sorry to hear your dad got caught up in ferrying with washington officials for a spell and so forth. No kid needs to hear nothing like that about his own dad growing up and if he was in the military way harder for him to you see. You heard the same thing about the nuclear molecules proofed hideout and the question becomes did they coat there girders and your right i dont have a clue i just guessed they did. Thanks

SteamGene

Sheldon,
I went with the oxide and it looks good.  Tomorrow the rails, which at this point will be engine or weathered black.
Chug,
Why would you be sorry that my father had an important mission to perform?  He kept top secret information from me just like I kept top secret information from my kids.  Why?  It's TOP SECRET.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

grumpy

Woody Elmore

SteamGene

The PC didn't exist in the 1950s, thank God.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

Quote from: SteamGene on February 12, 2008, 03:02:36 PM
The PC didn't exist in the 1950s, thank God.
Gene

Well, merger talks did start in 1957... ;)

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale