News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ez track switchs

Started by perplexed, February 12, 2008, 08:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perplexed

got 4 switchs in box (new) with other track. I understand the green wire plugs into the actual throw switch but there is another green wire with plugs on each end. Where do they go? Me thinks I'm missing some pieces but can't find any references anywhere at Bachmann. Thanks for any help.I'm working a layout(1st) with my 88 year old dad and ez track is easier for him to see and work with so try to be gentle with my dummy questions

Yampa Bob

First, "gang" the 4 slide switches together, they have male lugs on one side, female on the other.  Run the two wire plug from the AC terminals on your controller to the number one switch on the left.  (the two male lugs) When you say the two wire set has  "plugs on each end" , do you mean it has 2 spade terminals on one end and a female plug on the other?  If so then you have the right wire set. 

The turnouts have 3 wire cables to plug into each slide switch. 

To activate the turnout, move the slide switch to one side and push down momentarily, don't hold it down.  If a switch direction doesn't match the desired turnout  direction, turn the 3 wire plug over.

Look it over again, if you have more questions, come back and ask.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

perplexed

Bob, I went over to my dad's looked at the switchs again and a light bulb went off. It all makes sense,thanks for your incite and a little push

Yampa Bob

You're welcome, glad you got it worked out.
Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.