News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax

Started by bigreds, February 12, 2008, 09:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigreds

Dear Bachmann

Any chance of a re- release of the Climax soon or if not any time in the future?

Thanks
Martin

the Bach-man

Dear Martin,
Not that I've heard about...
You can still find them at some dealers, however.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

TJ-Lee

Bach-man,

I'd be interesting in a re-release on the Climax as well.

If you counting that is.

Best,
TJ

Stevelewis

Hi
   having  just  bought   a  Heisler  &  A Shay  I too  would  like  a    revised  Climax   I have  heard  that  the  originakl   version  takes  a  rather  long  time  to   fir  a  decoder>??
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

calenelson

After years of longing for one, I stumbled across a nice used unit this weekend at the SELSTS-at a good price!  I had NO intention in purchasing any more locos for a while! But I did intend to buy some Delton/AC Hoppers (none found :( ), so I filled that void with the One loco I have wanted to own since starting in LS trains a few years ago ;D!

It's # 6 P/C Lumber...It will make it's way to the West Coast soon for a RCS Conversion...don't think I'll try this one myself!

all that said, I'd vote for a reissue!

cale

Steve Stockham

Dave does a real nice conversion! I had mine done by him with Sierra installed as well. He did comment that this particular engine doesn't leave a lot of room and that the conversion was "interesting" (he used a different adjective but you get the picture!) ;) :D It's a great little engine and he fixes those troublesome power pick-ups which is about the only real problem that the Climax ever had!

Beatle (TrainBrain)

I just got a HO Climax for my birthday. I was surprised as a dear in headlights! I probably LOOKED like a dear in headlights! It sounds great and runs great...I'm happy!

I'm sort of bragging, aren't I.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Steve Stockham

An HO scale Climax has a sound system?!! Wow.....

Dave

What about some sound in a Z Gauge.

Wade Colyer

I vote for a class A Climax.

Wade

vic

Class A !  ;D

Class A !  ;D

Class A !  ;D

calenelson

OK, you twisted my arm....Class A ;D

Por Favor!

http://www.pacificcohistory.org/steam.htm#A

or this:

http://www.trainweb.org/toenailridge/climax.html

A Ditcher would be cool, but a Class A-oh yeah!

gbbari

The Train Stop in San Dimas CA is still advertising new Bachmann G Scale Climax locos in stock - in 4 different roadnames.  I bit the bullet and bought one from these folks last year even though the price is steep - $450 plus shipping.  I do not regret it since I could not find one cheaper anywhere else - even on evilBay at the time.  They packed it well and shipped immediately. This is a terrific looking and smooth operating locomotive.  I have been saving $$ to send it out to Dave to get his full RCS/Sierra sound/battery installation along with his tried-and-proven mechanical/electrical enhancements.

Al

soleman10

Mt Beenak

"Dave does a real nice conversion! ... It's a great little engine and he fixes those troublesome power pick-ups which is about the only real problem that the Climax ever had!"

Can any one advise me how the power pick up problems are cured?  Mine is a great unit, but it stalls occassionally where the track has minor vertical changes, such as going into canted curves. 

Mick

Timber Tramways Down Under