News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Return

Started by sour rails, February 12, 2008, 09:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour rails

I have a locomotive to return to Bachmann for technichal problems.
But my question is this: "What does it mean by 'return it, postage prepaid'?" ???
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

SteamGene

You pay the postage to return it.  Also, package it carefully.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear Sour,
Correct. You pay the postage to us, and we pay the postage back to you.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Redtail67

Mr.Bachmann I have a Ho Scale EMD GP 40 Diesel Item No. 41-635-01 that will not run. I purchased it about 20 years ago for my son. I do not know why it will not run I have tested it out and believe the DC motor is burned out.

I sent an Email to Bachmann tying to get instructions on returning for repair and never heard back from them.

I have the engine and the box it came in. What specificly do I do to send it for repair? Where do I send it?

Thanks,

Redtail67

sour rails

Try these phone numders:
800-356-3910 (if you live in USA or Canada)
215-533-1600

As far as I know, no one on this board has gotten anywhere with the toll-free number.  If you do not like sitting for a long time to talk to somebody, then use the 215-533-1600.

SteamGene

I've talked to a human being on the 800 number three times. Might have been four.  ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

sour rails

Call either number you want to, and just take your chance.

Sorry Gene, I did not know you had talked to anyone. :D

SteamGene

Had I been playing poker, I'd be wearing a barrel now based on the human response to the 800 number.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Yampa Bob

I only call them once a year to order a catalog.  This year it only took me 3 days to reach a live person. When I finally got through, I was told they are so busy that no one has time to answer the phone.  This is the only issue I have with their service department, but for once a year I can live with it. 

The automated phone systems have built a wall between companies and their customers.   I miss the good old days when they had a receptionist chained to a desk and was told to answer all calls.  They had little message pads instead of giving you a  "voice mail".   I could never figure out what "mail" has to do with telephone LOL.

The usual message is "I'm away from my desk, leave a number I'll get back to you". When?   As a customer my time is just as important as theirs, actually more so. 

During  37 years of buying from Tower Hobbies, I never once got a recording and someone answers on the first or second ring.   

For our ranch or personal supplies, we won't buy from any company, local or net, that has automated phones.     

End of "soapbox"

Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.