News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Scale - Decoder-Equipped Turnouts

Started by hgcHO, February 13, 2008, 01:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

I just installed 3 of these turnouts. 

Back in the late 40's installing solenoids with my Dad, was the high point for my little H O set up but now:

Nothing beats the control and ease of these Decoder-Equipped Turnouts.  I can just sit here and wonder and appreciate the advancement of technology.

Yes - I just got, less then a month ago, a Digital Commander Deluxe Set.  Now I having the most enjoyable time.

Yampa Bob

Congratulations!

I just started model railroading a year ago. It was perfect timing, all my locos are DCC equipped.  Two of my turnouts are hard to reach, so those will definitely be switched to decoders at some point
Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Beatthe9ers

Anyone know how many turnouts you can control through DCC?  Does it depend on the system?  I thought I had read somewhere that you maxed out at nine, though that number may have been exclusive to a particular system.  I suppose if you had more than nine you could put the most popular on DCC and leave the rest as the 'old-fashioned'.  Though that might get confusing.

Does anyone have any experience with multiple turnouts, DCC and what problems you have run into, if any?

hgcHO

My instructions sheet says eight {8}. button nine is used to program the other eight.

At first, the 3 keep me jumping as the locomotive is a coming and the switch needs to be thrown.  The more one works with the switches  the more intuitive it becomes.

Harry